Scientists Create "Deepfake" Software Allowing Anyone To Edit Anything Anyone Says On Video

KSG_Standard

Reaction score

The staff at the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Princeton University and Adobe Research have developed software that allows you to now edit and change what people are saying in videos, allowing anyone to edit anybody into saying anything, according to Observer.
The software uses machine learning and 3-D models of the target's face to generate new footage which allows the user to change, edit and remove words that are coming out of a person's mouth on video, simply by typing in new text. Not only that, the changes appear to have a seamless audio/visual flow without cuts...

This is scary. Not only will people have to be wary of fake news and photoshopped pics, but seemless video fakes as well. Soon, you won't be able to trust anything you read or see...unless you watch it live with your own eyes. Is this technology needed for a legitimate purpose?

Hamtone

Reaction score

The staff at the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Princeton University and Adobe Research have developed software that allows you to now edit and change what people are saying in videos, allowing anyone to edit anybody into saying anything, according to Observer.
The software uses machine learning and 3-D models of the target's face to generate new footage which allows the user to change, edit and remove words that are coming out of a person's mouth on video, simply by typing in new text. Not only that, the changes appear to have a seamless audio/visual flow without cuts...

This is scary. Not only will people have to be wary of fake news and photoshopped pics, but seemless video fakes as well. Soon, you won't be able to trust anything you read or see...unless you watch it live with your own eyes. Is this technology needed for a legitimate purpose?
Keep in mind this tech has been around quite a while. The reason for this being pushed now is...... well there's a reason that will become clear in the not so distant future, and this is the game they will play.

PeteK

Reaction score
Have you heard the Joe Rogan deep fake? You literally can't tell it's not him. It is very scary.

edit - just realized it was at the bottom of the link you posted.

Rando375

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this tech has been around quite a while. The reason for this being pushed now is...... well there's a reason that will become clear in the not so distant future, and this is the game they will play.
Agreed.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
The lying is going to multiply exponentially. 'That's not me.' Catch phrase for the future.

krauley

Reaction score
Long long time ago my dad told me "son dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". That was in 73 or 74, i think he was on to something.

PeteK

Reaction score
Long long time ago my dad told me "son dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". That was in 73 or 74, i think he was on to something.
I had a teacher in school who liked to say "I know all, see all and hear everything. You know nothing, see nothing, and hear about half".