School me on "metal guitars"

ArchEtech

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When I think of metal guitars, I immediately go to Jackson and ESP. Those are what I remember people playing............when I was angry and listening to that stuff :)

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Well this is certainly an entertaining thread I'll have to say. And I've really nothing of value to add because it's all been said. Be that as it may, I hate Mesa amplifiers. OK. So hate is a strong word. Let's use strongly dislike. I'm getting older now and don't have the time required to dial one of those things in. Too many knobs. :laugh2::laugh2:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this is certainly an entertaining thread I'll have to say. And I've really nothing of value to add because it's all been said. Be that as it may, I hate Mesa amplifiers. OK. So hate is a strong word. Let's use strongly dislike. I'm getting older now and don't have the time required to dial one of those things in. Too many knobs. :laugh2::laugh2:
Time for a 5F1 or GA5?

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ola is popular on YT, so I'm sure that's helping. Not to mention they are good looking guitars with nice features. I really like the beveled edges on the V. Mahogany body/maple set neck is a winner, so are jumbo SS frets.

The Natural Aged Distressed Type A is looking pretty sick.....

I want this one which was just announced for preorder:

1577673889989.png

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I felt exactly that way until I tried a Triple Crown, I really love that amp. It's very intuitive to dial in, too.

Anyway I've been boxing, moving, and unpacking for more than a week now, and we have millions of things that need to be done in the new house, so unless I find a killer deal I'm probably not getting a new guitar any time soon. I'm thinking either a PRS Custom 24, PRS 513, or Mayones Regius. It might not happen too soon, but one day...

I want a 6-string, but look at this beautiful Mayones on Reverb right now:

Damn that thing is absolutely gorgeous!

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
I felt exactly that way until I tried a Triple Crown, I really love that amp. It's very intuitive to dial in, too.

Anyway I've been boxing, moving, and unpacking for more than a week now, and we have millions of things that need to be done in the new house, so unless I find a killer deal I'm probably not getting a new guitar any time soon. I'm thinking either a PRS Custom 24, PRS 513, or Mayones Regius. It might not happen too soon, but one day...

I want a 6-string, but look at this beautiful Mayones on Reverb right now:

Damn that thing is absolutely gorgeous!
Ive had two PRS Custom 24s. They were without question phenomenal instruments. But I never bonded with either one. I don’t wanna bag on them here but the word ‘sterile’ comes to mind.

John Ucol

Reaction score
Ive had two PRS Custom 24s. They were without question phenomenal instruments. But I never bonded with either one. I don’t wanna bag on them here but the word ‘sterile’ comes to mind.
I get that everyone prefers different things, but I never found what anyone else may have considered as "sterile" about PRS guitars. Despite their product placement leaning towards low-gain blues-rock styles at the moment, at least among their core models, they can still fill the modern or aggressive niches just fine with nothing really lacking.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I always used to feel the same way, but lately for some reason I've been feeling differently for some reason. I'll just have to try some out and see.