School lunch sucks?

FUS44

Reaction score
Every morning on my way to work, I see kids being driven to the ends of their driveways to be picked up by the bus. On warm, sunny days. Driveways less than 50 yards. No, I'm not kidding.

Ridiculous. I live in a rural area and commute to a suburb of Philly. If you get behind the school bus, you're f'ed. It stops at every driveway.

School lunch was very good to me. I made a hell of a lot of money pedaling meat products for school lunch. In fact, if you went to HS between 97-06 on the east coast, you probably ate one of my cheeseteaks, burgers, meatballs or tacos. I'm sorry.

Toms River school district had sushi. no joke. (brought in from a local restaurant)

Engel

Reaction score
I liked the hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes, stuffing spaghetti into hollowed-out bread rolls, the crazy rectangle pizza, stuff they do not serve any longer.

When I was a kid my school had an actual kitchen, with staff, to prepare each meal from mostly scratch. The meals were simple but honest. Having built several schools and seeing how the kitchen are microwaving crap food - I realize I had it pretty good.

Anybody have a recipe for hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes??

USGAM_90_04_058_F_HambGrav.jpg

Mmmmmm must eat!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because a lot of kids who qualify get free breakfast and lunch at school.

Freeeeeeee!!!

LZeppie be trolling... :laugh2:

On another note... You know it's bad when schools even dick up lunch class....

:D

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That is absolutely ridiculous!

no.. that's normal.. now that school has started I get to watch school bus after school bus weave their way through the city streets to pick up little johnny for the 1/2 to 1 1/4 block ride to school..

I don't get it.. it's not every child gets this service.. the children are normal, that is they are not crippled or retarded.. perfectly normal kids living in the city somehow rate door-to-door school bus pickup and drop off - and the school is physically right up the street or just around the corner from their houses.

so from between 7-9am and 1pm to 4pm I make it a point to avoid driving anywhere in the city because the streets become completely gridlocked with school busses.

Oh get this, yesterday morning I watched three different school busses stop in the same block to pick up three different children and deliver all three kids to the same school.. talk about a waste of time, effort and money.

Latest Threads