Schaller Roller Bridge

Jedadiah

Reaction score
OK, please bear with me. I'm replacing the wrap around bridge on my project guitar and aiming to fit a Bigsbt Trem. Anyway, as my Project was originally a wrap around bridge (not ABR-1/stop bar type) i'd like to place the Schaller on the posts or in the position of the wrap around. I've just been looking at the Tech drawings of the STM bridge here:

Guitarbridge STM () | Schaller-Electronic

These look like the measurement from the CENTER of the posts as 74mm. Measuring my post holes, it is more like 84mm. However, measuring the wrap bar itself, the inner edges of the post cut-outs is near as dammit 74mm.

My question is this, has anyone had experience of such a conversion and can advise me of this or am i reading the tech drawing wrong? Many thanks for your help.:thumb:

njk

Reaction score
You'll often see SG'g with vibrolas and the wraparound is left in place, not sure what bridge you used, but the standard lightening bar type seem to work

1790__39968_zoom.jpg

Jedadiah

Reaction score
The original was a standard smooth Gibson wrap around and i'd really prefer the capability to individually intonate.

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
wrap around bridges are wider than standard bridges.. the shaller roller is made to replace the standard bridges.. you will need to plug old holes and drill new once or the shaller..

Personally, if a customer wanted to do this... I would suggest the wilkinson/gotoh adjustable wraparound with a set of tone prose locking studs to replace the stock bridge and then add the bigsby

Wilkinson_Gotoh_Adjustable_Bridge_Tailpiece_sm.jpg

Latest Threads