Scarlet

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Wasnt impressed. Sometimes things stay in the vault for good reasons.

Had a guy insult me on Facebook over that idea. Asshat.

PeteK

Reaction score
I have to admire Mick Jagger. He's ugly as dog balls, as a singer he's average at best, and he dances like Elaine from Seinfeld. But he's been one of the world's most famous rock stars for like 50+ years. Well done Mick.

Olds442

Reaction score
cool find, not my taste but cool to hear.

i love it when bands welcome people from other bands and jam like they do it for the love of the sport.

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also like when they bring the people on stage during a concert to let them play..

six-string

Reaction score
modern vocal overdubs. which is what they did on the Exile outtakes and the Some Girls outtakes when they released those a few years ago. Mick's voice did not sound like that on Goats Head Soup. I guess he didn't like the old tape?
also noticed on a few songs from the Some Girls era outtakes that they changed lyrics too.
old bootlegs from the period with the original song sound very different from what was released as 'from the vault'.

btw: the song Start Me Up was originally a reggae song written in 1972.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great, next up: Page will release the definitive, remastered, original take, deluxe box set, with photo book and the original lyrics on a cocktail napkin edition, signed of course.

$499.99 on Amazon, preorders begin tomorrow.

...and, Scarlett in the red dress- would, then use the drapes in he hotel room to.... well, you know.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Great, next up: Page will release the definitive, remastered, original take, deluxe box set, with photo book and the original lyrics on a cocktail napkin edition, signed of course.

and, Scarlett in the red dress- would, then use the drapes in he hotel room to.... well, you know.
I’ll take 2.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I heard it on the radio this morning, meh. Typical Stones if you ask me, nothing to lose my shit over....even with page on the track.

six-string

Reaction score

...and, Scarlett in the red dress- would, then use the drapes in he hotel room to.... well, you know.

you jest, but that is more or less what is happening. The STones releasing a deluxe box set of Goats Head Soup includes posters, book, bonus tracks, remix and the long elusive double live LP from the 1973 tour called Brussels Affair which many fans consider the best live recording the band ever did. Featuring blistering lead guitar work from Mick Taylor of course. Last tour before he quit the band. Not quite $499 but getting there...

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I have to admire Mick Jagger. He's ugly as dog balls, as a singer he's average at best, and he dances like Elaine from Seinfeld. But he's been one of the world's most famous rock stars for like 50+ years. Well done Mick.
True but hes a likeable enough guy. He dances like shit though,

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked it ....it was raw and stones like....they could have refined some of the arrangement.....developed it a bit more....

it want terrible .....it wasnt grand....its not a hit....

it reflects 1974....and that kinda cool

I miss 1974

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I miss 1974, too. In 1974 I was dating an amazing blonde girl, a Junior in my HS. The sex was amazing. About the only thing I can remember was, the sex was amazing!

Life was great back then. Music was great back then. And, I had this goddess who wanted to jump my bones every single day! It's amazing that I ever managed to finish HS. I wonder what became of her? We disconnected when I went to College.

Sorry... back to some lame Stones song. I got distracted.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I miss 1974, too. In 1974 I was dating an amazing blonde girl, a Junior in my HS. The sex was amazing. About the only thing I can remember was, the sex was amazing!

Life was great back then. Music was great back then. And, I had this goddess who wanted to jump my bones every single day! It's amazing that I ever managed to finish HS. I wonder what became of her? We disconnected when I went to College.

Sorry... back to some lame Stones song. I got distracted.
You have a little drool on your chin Steve.

Latest Threads