Scammer here

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LtDave32, @ns2a, @CB91710 Another heads up - user "msgtfraser" joined the forum less than an hour ago and has already sent me a PM that he has a lead for a 4 latch case.
who the hell says 'a lead' these days? like nobody 'cept double glazing sales managers?

Brian Virts

Reaction score
He just lurks here, never posts. I posted a want to buy and he contacted me, same deal, I wouldn't do it because he didn't have Paypal. This morning I got an email saying he was set up for paypal. Total scammer, uses "kindly" and "mate", he's not in the US from what I can tell. Internet fraud is a Federal offense!

Same email address as posted here [email protected]

integra evan

Reaction score
Yep, see my post here

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Scammers are only ever so slightly clever in replying to WTB adds. They work the odds. Reply to hundreds and find one sucker. They just google whatever it is you are looking for (they have no idea what the thing actually is) and send you photos they find, using your own exact text. I get one for every WTB thread, almost. I usually post my phone number, or at least it's public, so they text too.

Just google image search your own exact worded wtb description and you'll likely find the same photos they send you.

One time, some guy sent me a photo of a specific 1965 Stackpole pot I was looking for in a WTB ad. It was MY photo of ME holding it! :rofl:

He only wanted $15. :facepalm: These dummies don't realize they could do honest work and make more.

BurningBeard

Reaction score
I’m glad I read this post. I got a message as well about a wtb ad I had for a boss sd-1.. same email and all from Bimp

Bam_walton

Reaction score
Yes he is still active . Same deal with me

I posted a WTB for a silverburst Eclipse and I was sent a message by a member named “Bimp”

he gave me the email and he just sent me a message and wants 900 for a beautiful silverburst eclipse....problem is it’s a photo from a reverb store from like 8 years ago. Wish it was real , but of course it’s not. I spotted it right away because I’ve literally scoured the net trying to find one and I’ve seen this picture many times

what a jerk....maybe I should waste some of his time , lol

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible new tactic over on ST. We have not heard (and likely won't hear) from the mods about any of the 411... they aren't as forthcoming as our mods.

Odd post about buying a storage unit by a user named "MellyMel" or something like that.
Another odd post about buying a 2nd storage unit, both full of guitars.
"I know nothing about guitars and would like some guidance and valuation, I'll sell these to forum members"

Got conflicting advice on how to proceed, and started posting a separate thread in the general discussion forum with a few pictures of each guitar. No commentary or details.
There were questions. I used the term "allegedly" and "she" flew off the handle.
Some of the English was just-broken-enough to really trigger the smell test.
Admin made contact, and a couple of hours later all of the threads were gone (without explanation, as to be expected)

The collection was oddball stiff. A few partscasters, a couple of moderately rare Kramer and other mid-80s models, a Tokai "Love Rock".

Odd that this person who knows nothing about guitars didn't say anything about amps, but in one picture there was a pristine Budda 4x12 in a corner, and no reply when someone called them on it asking if it was for sale too.

If you're going to work a scam, watch your background in your photos.

larryguitar

Reaction score
And....I've learned (by Googling that email address) that there is a Vintage Fan Collector's Association....

Really is an ass for every seat, isn't there?

Larry

Latest Threads