SCAMMER EBAY LISTING...MY 2013 20th Anniversary Murphyburst R9!!!

joff

Reaction score
I have just spotted my 2013 20th Anniversary Murphyburst R9 on Ebay UK for £2,999!!!

It is a SCAM and i have reported the item to Ebay...but please report the item too just to make sure that the listing is deleted ASAP!

Thank you.

joff :hmm:

Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop | eBay

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I have just spotted my 2013 20th Anniversary Murphyburst R9 on Ebay UK for £2,999!!!

It is a SCAM and i have reported the item to Ebay...but please report the item too just to make sure that the listing is deleted ASAP!

Thank you.

joff :hmm:

Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop | eBay

You should have contacted the seller and called them out on their BS.

RT60

Reaction score
You should have contacted the seller and called them out on their BS.
They probably just wouldn't have replied and hoped someone else would be stupid enough in the meantime to fall for it...

FUS44

Reaction score
They probably just wouldn't have replied and hoped someone else would be stupid enough in the meantime to fall for it...
Or given the classic "I'm just listing it for a friend. I didn't know." excuse

joff

Reaction score
That SCAM advert got pulled pretty quick!

Thank you to everyone who reported it to Ebay. :cheers2:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I always wonder how these scams work. The buyer pays, the seller obviously doesn't ship (or ships something else), then the buyer puts in a claim with EBay. I assume the seller is long gone at that point (looks like they make profiles like this just to pull off one scam anyway), so EBay Buyer Protection must take the hit. This has to happen a lot, I would think. Shouldn't EBay have better defenses against this by now?

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A few years ago a member here on the forum recognized photos of my Murphy R9 in an eBay from a seller out of China. I contacted eBay and the listing was removed quickly.

Latest Threads