Scammed a tale of caution and stupidity... on my part

Have you ever been scammed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
This was a genuine transaction. But it was the paypal transaction was not through ebay. Mat had sent me a money request for the specified amount. I did file a claim through ebay for non-delivery. What ebay has done was just close mats account.

I do have his name.
I’m happy to put the frighteners on him and try to get your money if you want me to. I’m in a position to impose considerable leverage.

Contact me on pm.

Cheers

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Like I said in an earlier post, I have done similar things on both ends of the deal. I had stuff listed before, and received offers. I told the guy that I would only accept the offer if we did it outside of eBay, and he just sent the money straight to PayPal. Then I sent him the guitar. I did not realize, for whatever reason, what I was potentially opening myself up to. All the guy had to say was that he didn’t get it, and PayPal would’ve refunded his money. It did seem perfectly fine at the time, and now I can’t believe I did stuff like that.
I’ve bought 3 or 4 guitars from the USA from you guys via the classifieds section. I’m very trusting and have done some PayPal gift, or sent funds EFT in advance of the guitar shipping. I’ve not have a problem to date, but I think that’s because I’ve been dealing with good people, and I WILL follow up above and beyond if anyone tries to scam me.

Cheers

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your bad deal. I bought a guitar from Australia (forum member here) Thanx Rudi! I can say that he went above and beyond to square me away. There was a brief moment where flights over there got screwed up and this little hiccup got me a letter from the Chief of the cariier over there., And they waited untill I opened it when it was delivered at my front porch. Pretty amazing service. Rare.

I did get ripped off on ebay once, it was for a WWII war relic ...I knew it was a fake the second I opened it...still pisses me off....

stringbender11

Reaction score
TBH when people go outside eBay involving an auction they found on eBay, they're scamming the site. Just as using the F&F feature on Paypal is cheating that site when sending money to a stranger. Everyone is so quick to crucify eBay and Paypal, but few say anything about the douchy-ness of cheating those sites. If you play that game and get burned, you have only yourself to blame.