SCAM ALERT: Watch Out for Junior Members Sending Private Messages for WTB Threads

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
All,

Please note there are several forums (not just MLP) experiencing scammers who sign up and then send you a PM in response to a WTB thread saying they saw the item you are looking for and refer you to an email address. Note the member's post count and join date. Google the email address and you will see they are scammers. So be careful if you post a WTB thread.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

AwfulQuiet

Reaction score
I have a 59 Les Paul going cheap..... It's only got a few blemishes (broken head stock, no pickups, tuners are shot, strings are rusty, plus it's 100% genuine period correct pine body with a redwood top and birch fretboard..

For you, special prize!

pillbug

Reaction score
I have a 59 Les Paul going cheap..... It's only got a few blemishes (broken head stock, no pickups, tuners are shot, strings are rusty, plus it's 100% genuine period correct pine body with a redwood top and birch fretboard..

For you, special prize!
You sound like half the guys I see “selling” at guitar shows.

Mike Irvin

Premium Member
Reaction score
Smart fellow! His forum name and the name of the guy he thinks he saw that had one are the same.

And he has the email address for the guy he thinks he saw?

He must have missed forum name day at scammer school.

n_choff

Reaction score
I had this experience with a WTB post I started and got contacted by a junior member that had a friend selling what I wanted. I reversed searched the images of the guitar they sent me and found they they were from a sold reverb listing.

Latest Threads