scalloped Les Paul custom anyone?

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I have found number of them online, played on n Spain which was mind blowing (cause its not a cheap guitar) and it is a very nice thing to have on a Les Paul actually.

anyone here did it too?

is that your business?

And this is the guy that prefers Chibsons over Gibsons. :wtf:

well its 2020 and the chibson Les Paul Axcess I have is so good I prefer t play it more then my heavy fat 1980s custom black beauty, in fact im tempted to Sel my gibson for maybe 4 more chibsons.

im ordering a
red wine Les Paul custom
white Les Paul custom
black Les Paul custom
and a black and gold ES335

and I wil have about 3k left over from selling this ok black beauty made by Gibson

fact is gibson did have their hallow bodies and les Pauls secretly mass produced in china, in their epiphone factory, they where busted doing this to get around illegal woods, they just don't want YOU and me to know about it because those working for them had contracts and the right to continue making money some how, only this one hurts.

Last edited:

freak

Reaction score
If the Blackmore strat wasn't scalloped, i would have had one by now....unless i could play it first.

capnbooboo

Reaction score
no its n
is that your business?

And this is the guy that prefers Chibsons over Gibsons. :wtf:
no I don't have any business, how ever, I did try a free Malmsteen Strat and although I never liked the idea of scalloped necks I do now since I tried one for a day and got used to it, im not one of those people too scared to grow up by learning from experience., you should try it, :wtf: :naughty:

Or maybe you are one of those people who don't know better and believe Gibson is the best or a greedy collector who has tax dollars or drug money invested in a Gibson guitar so you feel compelled to troll a thread because your threatened your investment may drop in value, after all you never even tried my guitar or possibly another brand right?

I think you should try out guitars or even scalloped Les Pauls before putting a foot in your mouth, sorry if I sound harsh but its the truth, I did not start this thread to attack you the way you are attacking me trolling this thread with zero idea about what your talking about, lets stick to the topic, prove me wrong and that your not ignorant, tell me what you know about scalloped les Pauls?

Last edited:

capnbooboo

Reaction score
A Nashville musician, Stan Lassiter, has a custom SGs with a scalloped, 24-fret neck. It's as wild as he is.
to be short on the subject I tried scalloped and was very surprised at the confirm and ease, try one

Last edited:

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
I really like tall frets like the ones on recent Firebirds and this Guild Aristocrat I've been digging.
I like to bend under adjacent strings.
I'd love to try a scalloped fretboard.

Reactions: Who

Zacknorton

Banned
Reaction score
yuk. if you're capable of Steve via shredding... and love to do it then a scalloped board up high might make sense. Over the entire board is just overkill.

I've played fully scalloped boards and haven't been impressed. But I can't shred like Steve vai.

But if I could... I wouldn't want scalloped fretboards.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
...Or maybe you are one of those people who don't know better and believe Gibson is the best or a greedy collector who has tax dollars or drug money invested in a Gibson guitar so you feel compelled to troll a thread because your threatened your investment may drop in value, after all you never even tried my guitar or possibly another brand right?

I think you should try out guitars or even scalloped Les Pauls before putting a foot in your mouth, sorry if I sound harsh but its the truth, I did not start this thread to attack you the way you are attacking me trolling this thread with zero idea about what your talking about, lets stick to the topic, prove me wrong and that your not ignorant, tell me what you know about scalloped les Pauls?
What???

I asked you a question.
Show me where I attacked you.
I pasted a post of yours where you extolled the virtues of Chibsons by stating,

"well its 2020 and the chibson Les Paul Axcess I have is so good I prefer t play it more then my heavy fat 1980s custom black beauty, in fact im tempted to Sel my gibson for maybe 4 more chibsons."

You also stated this nonsense, and you call me ignorant. :rofl:
"fact is gibson did have their hallow bodies and les Pauls secretly mass produced in china, in their epiphone factory, they where busted doing this to get around illegal woods, they just don't want YOU and me to know about it because those working for them had contracts and the right to continue making money some how, only this one hurts."

Wow!

Barnaby

Reaction score
Umm...well, I enjoy playing scalloped fretboards. In fact, I was doing some Yngwie-style scales on one today. I have two strats and an acoustic with such boards and am sure an LP would be fine too if that's what was wanted. They tend to require a lighter touch, so I find they're good for practice, although they don't magically turn one into a shredder overnight. All down to individual tastes, I guess.

However I don't understand this thread. It seems to be drunk and should go home.

Censport

Reaction score
If the Blackmore strat wasn't scalloped, i would have had one by now....unless i could play it first.
The Blackmore has my favorite style of scalloping. Gradual, up by the frets, and going deeper in the higher registers. Had a MIJ Blackmore 20 years ago, wish I had never sold it. They're quite expensive now. The neck on the MIM version is too thick for my tastes.

to be short on the subject I tried scalloped and was very surprised at the confirm and ease, try one
I've been playing scalloped fingerboards since 1987.

yuk. if you're capable of Steve via shredding... and love to do it then a scalloped board up high might make sense. Over the entire board is just overkill.

I've played fully scalloped boards and haven't been impressed. But I can't shred like Steve vai.

But if I could... I wouldn't want scalloped fretboards.
Interesting that you mentioned Vai, as it's not Vai who is famous for playing scalloped guitars, but Malmsteen.

I've found that scallops don't help with shredding. Where they help is with bending strings. I can wail some blues on a scalloped neck, but can't run the scales any faster than I can on any other guitar. Which is not very fast anyway.

freak

Reaction score
The Blackmore has my favorite style of scalloping. Gradual, up by the frets, and going deeper in the higher registers. Had a MIJ Blackmore 20 years ago, wish I had never sold it. They're quite expensive now. The neck on the MIM version is too thick for my tastes.
So please fill me in......It seems like the perfect strat for me, sans the scalloping. Is it hard going from scaloped to the other, like on a les paul? What about chording, and just basic riffs? Supposedly your fingers just glide over the strings, without touching the fret board?

tia

Latest Threads