Saying goodbye to my beautiful dog today. :(

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Always a tough situation to go through.
I've been there with many cats.
Held them in my arms as I pushed the kill meds in.
Would die in my arms looking at me.
My promise to take care of them until the end.

So sad.
They are friends for life, no matter what.
You are blessed to have had such a good friend.
My Best to you, Who.
:thumb:

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
So very sorry for your loss. Loving animals is a blessing and a curse. It always seems like the time with them is over too soon. I’d rather love them and go through the sadness than not enjoy the love they give us.
My daughter just had to put her first one to sleep after 10 years together.
I’m not a religious person, but I like to think we’ll meet again when it’s my time

NoRythm_LP

Reaction score
Sad day for you OP and sorry for your loss... Our "Maddie" went a few months back and we miss her dearly each and every day. Hang in there...

KP11520

Reaction score
Hey Who,

I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for you and your family.

Seeing that puppy picture let's me know exactly why you fell for so hard. And then all those great years.

Only to have what feels like your heart being cut out with a dull spoon.

Peace to you all.... whenever it shows up again. Every time I lose one, I have more of my heart removed. I don't know how many more I can take. I have two cats now. 10 and 12. When they go, maybe I'll go with them!

meatball

Reaction score
My wife's constant companion..for 15 years,, She died peacefully in my wife' arms two weeks ago..

"Lint" named by my daughter...
My grandson would hug her and place his head gently on her..
Ragdoll s are the best ,, I have a new one. Named Taylor ,,, I am so sorry for your loss .. They are like family aren’t they...

Reactions: Who

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry my man.

Condolences to you and those close to her.

K

freak

Reaction score
I hate hearing of this stuff......unhappily, it's part of being a pet parent. It is never easy. Never. You can rest easy knowing you gave her a good 15 years....she knows it also. She will never be replaced. They are all irreplaceable, and everyone has the best ones......I'm surrounded by my pets ashes (we had 4). When we move, they are coming with us. They will always be a part of us, as will yours, ashes or not.....I've got 2 more here on the coach snoring away as I type.....We all send our condolences.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I have had dog friends since I was 2, which was 73 years ago. As dogs just don’t live as long as we do, it is obvious that I no longer have my first dog. It has been decades since I did. Since my first dog, I have had many that are now gone. We have to get used to our dogs passing, because (again) they just don’t live as long as we do.

When my dogs have passed away, I like to think of what they would want me to do. I think it would be for me to rescue another dog from a local shelter or rescue organization and give it a good, loving home In tribute to the dog tha passed.

Where we live, there must be a law that every family must have a dog or two, as that’s the way it is. Downtown, all the stores have dog water bowls outside. People take their dogs almost everywhere. Today, I had to take my wife to the eye doctor. Another patient had brought his dog, although I didn’t bring mine as I didn't feel that would be appropriate. But nobody told the guy to take his dog out, and I certainly didn’t mind.

If you are like me, life just isn’t right without a dog in the house. A period of mourning is appropriate, but after that, consider what your former dog would want you to do. I’ll bet it would be to give a nice homeless dog a good home.

Latest Threads