Saw Jake Shimabukuro in concert last night

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to a really nice concert venue - The Paladium in Carmel (Indianapolis) Indiana, last night to see Jake Shimabukuro. It was a spectacular show - the man is definitely a virtuoso on his instrument, makes you know that the ukulele is NOT a toy instrument. He played some of the covers that he is known for - While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Bohemian Rhapsody, Fields of Gold, etc. plus some traditional Hawaiian uke tunes, but his original compositions really were the highlight.

He is a wild man on stage, all the while just KILLING on the uke. He provided just the right amount of between song banter with the audience - showing a very nice and gentle personality as well as his talent.

We had seen a PBS special about him ("Life on Four Strings" - highly recommended ! ) just the week before. I had known about him previously, but the wife had never heard of him. She enjoyed the PBS show, and then a few days later we happened to see an ad for his concert, and decided it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Seeing my AARP card carrying wife Head-banging and throwing the Hang Loose horns at a UKE player - priceless !!

See him if you ever get a chance, he's definitely the Hendrix of the ukulele.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
On cable a couple of weeks ago, there was a show about him. See it, if you get a chance :dude:

Latest Threads