Sanford magnetics P90s

LP'59

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone have recent info about Sanford magnetics?
I read time ago (on Canadian Guitar Forum) that someone had problems related to delivery, or eventually refund, delays.
Sanford builds awesome sounding 9022 P90s and I'interested in buying a set of them.
Thanks in advance.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
On his website you can sign up for his wait list. I guess he'll call you back and you can have a conversation and see how long his claimed wait time is. On his site he mentions having an injury in 2017 which was prevented him from meeting deadlines. Maybe he's caught up. I have no experience dealing with him.

http://www.sanfordmagnetics.com/signup

ARandall

Reaction score
Not to put you off (his supposed injury notwithstanding) but there are countless examples of small winders getting into trouble when they start to do too much or expand too quickly. Almost all cases have some customers who were permanently out of pocket when the dust settled.

Caveat emptor

Leroy

Reaction score
It happened to me. Put an order in, months go by and nothing. Emailed him. Said the delay was due to an accident. No probs, stuff happens. More months go by and nothing. Emailed him again. He offered a refund which i accepted and the money was paid back.
He seems like an honest guy who got snowed under. I'd email him before ordering to check if he's accepting orders and if so, what the wait time is.

greens

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has gotten anything recently. I think I put my name on the waiting list over a year ago at this point.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
I love the sound of his p90s especially the ones I heard on the Doug n pat show they sounded great and I strongly dislike the sound of vox amp's really dark n thick but they sounded incredible throug Doug's vox. Did research on the company and way too many complaints nope I'll pass rather spend my money on something THAT I'LL GET TO SEE AND USE lol.

greens

Reaction score
I love the sound of his p90s especially the ones I heard on the Doug n pat show they sounded great and I strongly dislike the sound of vox amp's really dark n thick but they sounded incredible throug Doug's vox. Did research on the company and way too many complaints nope I'll pass rather spend my money on something THAT I'LL GET TO SEE AND USE lol.
Same here, they did sound great there. If my number ever comes up I’ll take a chance.

My Les Paul Classifieds