"Sandy" at Guitar Shop Taiwan

scrumm21

Reaction score
...yes the GF has quite the honey-do list for me now.......make the most of your retirement...I am...

peace....

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sandy was always unnaturally shiny looking. I think it probably is the same guitar, too much egg on face for too many if it isn't. Unless sold at public auction we can never know the buying price. I have auction records of a few of my vintage guitars, and they sold incredibly cheap compared to what I paid, or for that matter market value at the time. Guitars like Sandy don't often get sold through auction, or for that matter cheap I am sure.

I don't think there is any great conspiracy going on, just someone showing off an incredibly valuable and beautiful guitar. Let's hope they didn't swap out the bridge and tailpiece... :)

Liam

L96A1

Reaction score
Sorry, I just don't believe it! I've seen "sandy" and can dig through my photo gallery as this guitar is not what it is claimed to be and I will return with pics after I search my gallery. I read an article within the last few years, featured by a journalist writing for Fretboard Journal, an in depth analysis of several bursts, well known bursts, "sandy" among them, and that guitar did not shine in such a pristine manner, and the pups were covered, so I just don't see this as the real deal. Plus, a secret sum of purchase, just too many red flags, sorry but not convinced...Roger in Stockholm
Prove it. or just stay quiet.

sensei chimär

Reaction score
Feels like I need to defend the right to have an opinion. I'll start by questioning your maturity, and lack of tolerance for anyone that has an opinion that is different than your own! Why is it so tough to hear an opposing thought or comment? I've never been one to "go with the flow", and your response to my opinion is very revealing, about you, and your depth of perception, and your lack of tolerance, as the last flame I got was based on the mistaken belief that I was leaving a comment, after only 2 days of being registered, on this forum. 2 days before my comment I had changed my profile info, plus a new login password, after a laptop update, certain sites needed an update, hence I looked like a newbie, but hey, it shouldn't matter if a newcomer has a comment, as we are all here because we love the Gibson Les Paul... my comment was an innocent opinion based on seeing many guitars over 60 years old, they just don't shine like a new guitar! I am not needing to prove anything to you, or anyone, as it is only an opinion. Not enough of a problem to get your panties in a twist. There are real problems facing us all currently, and my comment is not among them!

Latest Threads