"Sandy" at Guitar Shop Taiwan

scrumm21

Reaction score
...yes the GF has quite the honey-do list for me now.......make the most of your retirement...I am...

peace....

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sandy was always unnaturally shiny looking. I think it probably is the same guitar, too much egg on face for too many if it isn't. Unless sold at public auction we can never know the buying price. I have auction records of a few of my vintage guitars, and they sold incredibly cheap compared to what I paid, or for that matter market value at the time. Guitars like Sandy don't often get sold through auction, or for that matter cheap I am sure.

I don't think there is any great conspiracy going on, just someone showing off an incredibly valuable and beautiful guitar. Let's hope they didn't swap out the bridge and tailpiece... :)

Liam

L96A1

Reaction score
Sorry, I just don't believe it! I've seen "sandy" and can dig through my photo gallery as this guitar is not what it is claimed to be and I will return with pics after I search my gallery. I read an article within the last few years, featured by a journalist writing for Fretboard Journal, an in depth analysis of several bursts, well known bursts, "sandy" among them, and that guitar did not shine in such a pristine manner, and the pups were covered, so I just don't see this as the real deal. Plus, a secret sum of purchase, just too many red flags, sorry but not convinced...Roger in Stockholm
Prove it. or just stay quiet.

GearHo

Reaction score
Its common knowledge that that guitar was Tom Wittrocks from the other forum and he sold it to a gentleman in Taiwan. Soo to me its legit. If it wasnt it would be all over the other forum.

The price is irrelevant, other than it was expensive.

The player is a marginally talented guy, with an exceptional sounding guitar. He will never make it sound as good as it could be, but that doesnt mean he is not entitled to own it. If you can afford it, its yours.

Any guitar is only going to sound as good as you. Just look at Greg Hilden on youtube. A very good player that uses the same amp and effects with many different guitars. And for the life of me I cant hear very much difference other than he is a good player , playing a different guitar.

Record yourself on different guitars, the most dominant thing regarding your tone will be how you play, the guitar is an element of your tone just like your amp, your effects etc.

KS 5150

Reaction score
It did go to Taiwan. TW confirmed that in the other forum. Young guy there bought it. Would be surprising if it was for sale again so soon.

EDIT: Just saw where Mason (The current owner of Sandy), is the owner of the store in the OP.
All the way back on Page 1, I posed this reply way back in Oct 2019, mentioning that the current owner, Mason, had bought the guitar from TW.

Victory Pete

Reaction score
It is funny how people who praise this guy and his guitar get ridiculed.

Crystalbell

Reaction score
No affiliation but nice pics and video. Original 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard 9-1228 "Sandy" being played at a guitar shop in Taiwan.

Dose end one now how rear this is. It is a epiphone Les paul standard model limited edition Custom Shop made in China 2008 mahogany I think

Crystalbell

Reaction score
Epiphone Les Paul model Les Paul Standard limited edition custom shop made in China 2008 limited Mahogany finish as well any one seen or herd of this

Peter B

Reaction score
I am no expert but I agree Daniel on this. It looks pretty new to be an original 59. But for real...who the hell am I?!
I saw the original Sandy in Tom Wittock's booth in Arlington and I thought it was a reissue too. He swore it was not and I was not to touch it according to it's little placard. And yes it looks like that. Scary.

Latest Threads