"Sandy" at Guitar Shop Taiwan

Hoboman

Reaction score
In regards to the posts bashing the player.....while his playing is nothing to write home about...Im sensing some bitterness that he gets to play this guitar and you guys dont!
Yep. A lot of bitter,, envious comments.

They guy can afford a real 59 burst. Apparently more than one. Good for him.

Barnaby

Reaction score
I honestly don't get why people are criticizing the playing at all. I watched the video after reading some comments on here, so I was imagining he was terrible. However it sounds fine. Nice blues playing, good phrasing, solid tone.

I have a personal rule to not bash anyone who is a better player than I am, and that guy in the video definitely is.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't get why people are criticizing the playing at all. I watched the video after reading some comments on here, so I was imagining he was terrible. However it sounds fine. Nice blues playing, good phrasing, solid tone.

I have a personal rule to not bash anyone who is a better player than I am, and that guy in the video definitely is.
You obviously don't know that, around these parts, the quality of playing needs to be in direct correlation to the price of the guitar. ;)

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
Sandy is beautiful and no doubt a great guitar but I'm perfectly happy with my laminated fretboard 2012 R9. Such fantastic sustain in it.

islandjimmy

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how deep the carve looks on Sandy? In the video, the light reflected off the top makes the cut look deeper than usual and more concave near the edge. The carve seems to go well below the binding before coming up to the edge. I know these were all hand carved and sanded back in the day so maybe some carves were deeper than others? I'm sure the Bursts were all unique, and none came out exactly the same. That being said, what an amazing guitar!

Last edited:

jlb32

Reaction score
It sounds good in the video but the sound is nothing spectacular IMO. Maybe it's the video/recording or maybe not?? Maybe the "holy grail" lore of the originals??

There are "Sandy" reissue videos that sound better to me.

Oh well, regardless, I would LOVE to have the original too!!

Victory Pete

Reaction score
I disagree about the guitar will only sound like yourself. I bought my first Historic 18 months ago, 2018 RO. Its sound is so much different than my 2 USA Les Pauls. It has "Snap Crackle Pop". It makes me play differently for sure. I just bought another with a later serial number and it sounds exactly like my first one, which is good because the first one is getting a Bigsby on it. I agree Sandy doesn't seem to have this "Snap Crackle Pop"

Latest Threads