"Sandy" at Guitar Shop Taiwan

L96A1

Reaction score
Where did you get a number?
I talked to Mason from guitar shop Taiwan little bit after he got the guitar, he gave me the number he paid, and I’m supposed to keep it to myself.
I’m not sure if that number was real but it was beyond me.

boola1

Reaction score
Those who buy and make reliced Les Pauls should take a good look at this guitar and consider what makes it so valuable!

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
yeah but that doesn’t mean the guitar in the video is legitimately a genuine ‘59 burst. It could be a fake one. Those pickups look brand new. It also lacks “that sound”.
I love when a little placebo effect breaks through the vintage guitar mythology.

Pageburst

Reaction score
That top on Sandy is absolutely beautiful. it’s like the archtype of the ultimate Burst, at least aesthetically.

When you’ve attained certain levels of wealth, the difference between a $7500 Murphy Historic and $750000 burst is just a few zeros.

00353devir

Reaction score
In case there is any doubt about it being the real deal and TW and all. Apologies if everyone has seen already.

GearHo

Reaction score
Save your money, the guy that sold it claims historics are almost as good, and he never feels they let him down compared to the originals.

Unless you have the money to buy an older guitar like this who the fuck cares if you sound "better" you sound like you anyway. Sounding like "you" is the most dominant factor in an instrument, it's not old wood, it's not true historic, it certainly is not the Brazilian fantasy that is perpetuated by Gibson , it's just more money for the sellers.

Go back ten or twelve years, and the narrative was that no newer guitar could ever sound as good as an older one, you were misled and naive in thinking that.

The same crowd chanted no historic would ever be worth 10k check the prices that was not accurate either.

Then all of a sudden CC models show up, and bingo! They are so close you could barely tell the difference. Then "true" historics came along, your even closer. 60th anniversaries nudged that tone o meter higher .

I have old guitars and new guitars, and I sound like the same old me regardless of which one I play.

The best sounding guitars are always the ones being sold.

Phil W

Reaction score
Clearly that is NOT a real Chinese guitar. That's some piece of shit made in America, probably not even new!
The parts are way off for a Chinese Les Paul and the sound is very definitely wrong ... it has some weird tonal depth and 'presence' that I'm guaranteeing plugs this as a fake.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Save your money, the guy that sold it claims historics are almost as good, and he never feels they let him down compared to the originals.

Unless you have the money to buy an older guitar like this who the fuck cares if you sound "better" you sound like you anyway. Sounding like "you" is the most dominant factor in an instrument, it's not old wood, it's not true historic, it certainly is not the Brazilian fantasy that is perpetuated by Gibson , it's just more money for the sellers.

Go back ten or twelve years, and the narrative was that no newer guitar could ever sound as good as an older one, you were misled and naive in thinking that.

The same crowd chanted no historic would ever be worth 10k check the prices that was not accurate either.

Then all of a sudden CC models show up, and bingo! They are so close you could barely tell the difference. Then "true" historics came along, your even closer. 60th anniversaries nudged that tone o meter higher .

I have old guitars and new guitars, and I sound like the same old me regardless of which one I play.

The best sounding guitars are always the ones being sold.
It‘s too long for a tatoo, but it would worth every penny. :applause:

MagneticTape

Reaction score
Though it was related to Strats, Gilmour said the new ones are so well made he can't tell the difference. Then he sold his black strat not too much later.

But dang, that is one beautiful burst.