"Sandy" at Guitar Shop Taiwan

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Just came here to post this, but you beat me to it. :)

BigJim

Reaction score
Saw that on their Insta feed, thought it was a reissue!

KS 5150

Reaction score
It did go to Taiwan. TW confirmed that in the other forum. Young guy there bought it. Would be surprising if it was for sale again so soon.

EDIT: Just saw where Mason (The current owner of Sandy), is the owner of the store in the OP.

Last edited:

Daniel Doran

Reaction score
yeah but that doesn’t mean the guitar in the video is legitimately a genuine ‘59 burst. It could be a fake one. Those pickups look brand new. It also lacks “that sound”.

It did go to Taiwan. TW confirmed that in the other forum. Young guy there bought it. Would be surprising if it was for sale again so soon.

EDIT: Just saw where Mason (The current owner of Sandy), is the owner of the store in the OP.

Popeye

Reaction score
yeah but that doesn’t mean the guitar in the video is legitimately a genuine ‘59 burst. It could be a fake one. Those pickups look brand new. It also lacks “that sound”.
Man that's Sandy, it's been in so many books and there are even pictures of TW at the Taiwanese shop and the owner has posted quite a bit of content around. Great shop too!

Reactions: KTM

lespaul1648

Reaction score
Man that's Sandy, it's been in so many books and there are even pictures of TW at the Taiwanese shop and the owner has posted quite a bit of content around. Great shop too!

I am no expert but I agree Daniel on this. It looks pretty new to be an original 59. But for real...who the hell am I?!

Blewsbreaker

Reaction score
Cool!
One of the better video's out there that capture the essence of a 50's LP.

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Damn rich kids. The new buyer can’t be more than 30 years old, probably more like 25. I’m guessing a billionaire’s son. Still, congrats. I hope it actually gets played and not sit in a glass box, but I’m guessing more the latter.

p-pickers

Reaction score
Any mention of a re-fret anywhere? Clearly, it has been...
All original? I'd be a bit skeptical...

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I thought I heard TW say that one especially would never go anywhere....guess everyone has their number! Hope the new owner is happy and keeps it for a while, I don't think TW would like seeing it flipped so rapidly.

L96A1

Reaction score
I can’t believe the number they paid for Sandy, crazy kids.