Samick ES335 Copy

Wildman

Reaction score
Hello All!
So, in my search for a poor mans hollow body a local shop has a 2000 San450- 335 copy with original hard shell case, mint- literally brand new untouched for $371. Is this a good deal? He claims the resale value is $475?

thanks!

Last edited:

truckermde

Reaction score
I mean, without seeing it, or having even a model number to go on, that's a tough question to objectively answer.

I can tell you that the Sammick factories have churned out some very competent instruments over the years, and under $400 for a decent semi-hollow with a HSC is likely a pretty good deal, provided there are no issues with the guitar, and you like the feel and sound.

Purely subjective at this point.

Wildman

Reaction score
I mean, without seeing it, or having even a model number to go on, that's a tough question to objectively answer.

I can tell you that the Sammick factories have churned out some very competent instruments over the years, and under $400 for a decent semi-hollow with a HSC is likely a pretty good deal, provided there are no issues with the guitar, and you like the feel and sound.

Purely subjective at this point.
Thank you- it’s a Samick San450, updated original post.... it still has plastic on pickguard, literally never touched. Sry, wasn’t able to get pics while I was there...my largest question is value, never like to lose money on a guitar....

truckermde

Reaction score
Thank you- it’s a Samick San450, updated original post.... it still has plastic on pickguard, literally never touched. Sry, wasn’t able to get pics while I was there...my largest question is value, never like to lose money on a guitar....
Here's one that sold for $250 on reverb...

truckermde

Reaction score
If I liked it, I would buy it for his asking price.

As far as value, it's probably already as low as it'll get, so I wouldn't worry about that. :)

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I can see why you liked it. If it's mint with a hardcase it would be hard to leave behind if it was a player. $371 is such an odd number too.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I would look it over closer though. Anyone trying to sell me something for $371 that says its worth $475 to sell i'm a little leery of. Call me jaded.

Wildman

Reaction score
I would look it over closer though. Anyone trying to sell me something for $371 that says its worth $475 to sell i'm a little leery of. Call me jaded.
Understood, I’m the same way, which is why I’m trying to be cautious. I noticed no issues, the $371, came from a 25% discount Christmas sale he’s having...original price was $495...

BKS

Reaction score
Here is mine (left side). Rare white San-450 from early nineties. Payed 170€ for it, no case. These do easily 300€ over here now (last 2 sold for way more than that, later models) getting original case is rare i think. Only saw 1 sell with case. Really nice guitar.
DSC_2963_compress21_compress65.jpg

Wildman

Reaction score
Here is mine (left side). Rare white San-450 from early nineties. Payed 170€ for it, no case. These do easily 300€ over here now (last 2 sold for way more than that, later models) getting original case is rare i think. Only saw 1 sell with case. Really nice guitar.
View attachment 507466
Thank You....Nice I’m new to Samick as I have always been told Gibson, Fender and Martin are the only ones that hold value. Guess that’s not true after seeing all these comments- very helpful...thank you...

Last edited:

BKS

Reaction score
Yes and no.
There is love for the older Samick. But they don't hold value as those big names. Most know them for piano and epiphone i guess. I used to have several Samick guitar San - 450 and to-320 (telecaster) are the 2 i kept. Had a very good rl4 royale and a malibu strat wannabe, both greg Bennett and a Riboloff. All gone now. Riboloff also designed the Gibson M3 that i prefered over the Samick :laugh2:. Looks came close, for the rest... No were near the Gibson.
It is hit and miss with Samick. That kills value in my eyes. But the 2 i kept are really good for the money.
The higher end models they made were mostly pretty good.

Wildman

Reaction score
Yes and no.
There is love for the older Samick. But they don't hold value as those big names. Most know them for piano and epiphone i guess. I used to have several Samick guitar San - 450 and to-320 (telecaster) are the 2 i kept. Had a very good rl4 royale and a malibu strat wannabe, both greg Bennett and a Riboloff. All gone now. Riboloff also designed the Gibson M3 that i prefered over the Samick :laugh2:. Looks came close, for the rest... No were near the Gibson.
It is hit and miss with Samick. That kills value in my eyes. But the 2 i kept are really good for the money.
The higher end models they made were mostly pretty good.
Thank you- very helpful. So with what I explained about this deal- worth it? Or better to save for a Gibson?

Reactions: BKS

Roxy13

Reaction score
Did you get the chance to play it? That's really going to be your answer. I have plenty of "low end" guitars that rock! That Ibanez I showed you is super resonant! Notice I haven't put it for sale yet as I debate whether I should just keep it. I have so many guitars though!

BadPenguin

Reaction score
If you play it, and it's right for you, then get it. 371 is a fairish price with a case. Samick, in general, builds solid instruments. Bitch is, they have little resale value under their own name. A Samick made Epiphone? Slightly higher resale then a Chinese made one. A Samick made Epiphone Sheraton II will be near 3 times the price of the same Samick model. Go figure.

Latest Threads