Sam Ash is blowing out 2015 Gibsons

Mr Insane

Reaction score
That junior is really tempting, but I remember hating the wider fretboards on them. And by hate, I mean hate.

Last edited:

Mapleleaf14

Reaction score
I ordered a Heritage Cherry Junior yesterday...I had a credit at SA so got it for $305. It'll be a nice gigging guitar.

I can play any size neck - doesn't matter to me. I bounce back & forth between smaller necks like Ernie Ball/Music Man necks and bigger stuff like the Fender Kotzen Tele (which is huge)...I've never had issues with neck size differences the way some people complain about.

The only thing I don't care for is the script logo, though I did order locking Grovers to swap out with the GForce too, and I already have a spare titanium nut from Gibson to put on...or maybe try that Tusq nut specifically for these 2015 nuts.

jojo

Reaction score
You'd be surprised at what the Gforce Tuning system will sell for in the classifieds.... I sold mine within a day or so of putting it on Kijiji and think I got $100 Canadian for it. A brand new set of locking grover tuners were at my door the following week for $90, can't go wrong with that math!.. The guy who bought the Gforce just didn't want to tune manually he told me..
He'll be singing a different tune when the POS fails inevitably

yamariv

Reaction score
Well it actually worked great when I had it, hope they work great for him. You just can't go wrong with a nice set of chrome locking Grovers on a Gibby headstock though so I decided to upgrade. :dude:

yamariv

Reaction score
I ordered a Heritage Cherry Junior yesterday...I had a credit at SA so got it for $305. It'll be a nice gigging guitar.

I can play any size neck - doesn't matter to me. I bounce back & forth between smaller necks like Ernie Ball/Music Man necks and bigger stuff like the Fender Kotzen Tele (which is huge)...I've never had issues with neck size differences the way some people complain about.

The only thing I don't care for is the script logo, though I did order locking Grovers to swap out with the GForce too, and I already have a spare titanium nut from Gibson to put on...or maybe try that Tusq nut specifically for these 2015 nuts.
If you can afford it go with the Tusq drop in nut. I'm using that in in my Junior with locking Grovers and the guitar tuning so ridiculously stable. I never hear any pinging or binding when tuning with the Tusq nut, very pleased!

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like much of a deal by the time you replace the nut and tuners. Saw on another forum where the dude got his and the tuners don't work correctly.
You don't know what you're talking about.

A junior is $479.... $459 with the coupon. So that's not much of a deal? Because of the tuners? Question.... are you aware how much the gforce system costs on the open market? I'm talking used. No?

Ok, well lets put it this way. You can sell it for MORE than new grovers. In many cases a lot more. So you just knocked off more money from the $459. Brass nut replacement? Gibson gives you a titanium for free.

Sorry, you're gonna have to find something else to complain about. Maybe go with the logo or the hologram?

PierM

Reaction score
I've been asked to sell my Gforce three times already LOL. These things are indeed on the market.

I keep thinking that 90% of rants about 2015s, are farts from people who never touched one in real life.

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
Lol @ your sorry attempt to move the goalpost.

First it was "not a deal" because the tuners suck, and have to buy new ones.

Then when it's pointed out to you that new tuners actually save you more money, it's "Yeah, but the person who buys the gforce won't like it."

Who gives a shit? Plenty of people buy things and end up not liking them.

bilbarstow

Premium Member
Reaction score
Fred X man just left mine (Cherry Jr.) on the porch ! I'll do a NGD after I've had a chance to take some good pictures. I was prepared to HATE the '15 Anniv. Case - but actually, I LIKE it. It is a vault ! I'd be tempted to use that case when / if I drag any of my LP shaped guitars out of the house.

Still don't like the G-farce. I ordered replacement tuners, but they are not here yet. And I discovered that the rest of the metal on this guitar is Nickel. And of course, I had ordered Chrome. Well, they can go in my "Spares" box. I'll re-order Nickel.

The neck is not a major thing, yeah it is different, but I have several guitars with different necks, and none of those bother me. The Leo Boul 100 scribble is still an eyesore and the hologram is goofy, but they don't have any impact on how it plays. A USA Gibson Jr. for $480 ? Hell YEAH ! I'll just not look at the scribble. I've already named this one Leo.

moreles

Reaction score
I sincerely doubt if "half the rants" about the 2015s are from people unfamiliar with them. If these guitars met peoples' wants and needs, the wouldn't be getting unloaded in vast numbers 2 years later. The market is saturated with guitars and people can readily find what they want. Gibson made some wrong guesses and some bad strong-arm decisions, and got rebuked for it. Except for the G-Force and terrible bogus nut, I don't have other objections, but why on earth would I purchase a '15 when better LPs abound? It's a free market.If people liked '15w, they would have bought them.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are all these Jr.s and double cuts that "abound"???
I'd be interested in looking at em.
Thanks

bigtone

Reaction score
I was hoping we'd hear some delivery reports today!
Got my yellow special today. Apart from the setup which was, well, not performed at all, it feels like a nice guitar. I did a quick truss rod adjustment, lowered the nut and lowered the bridge to get the action reasonable and now it shines. The p90 slug pickups sound pretty good also. Very happy for the price.

ciscodudewan

Reaction score
Just pulled the plug on a Junior with the 20 dollar coupon . For an American Les Paul Junior and vault case no brainer for $459 . I can sell the G-force and replace the tuners and have Gibson send me the titanium nut free of charge.

Latest Threads