Sam Ash is blowing out 2015 Gibsons

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
never.
. . .
. . . I would have been all over them . . .
. . . that sig would bother me forever. Neck shapes and tuners are not biggies for me though.
. . .it's just a matter of personal preference.
"Preference" sums up the last few posts in this thread. Some can't deal with the signature, some don't like the neck, and on and on.

To each his own; one man's trash is another's treasure.

As for me, like many others, I thought the changes were too much, too soon. Now we have the T and the HP versions to choose from, but of course, in '15, most Gibsons came with these changes, and no choice.

When I saw a '15 Junior in person, I thought the neck was comfortable, I liked the thick rosewood board, I was impressed by the fit and finish, and the G-Force worked. I prefer the elegant 50s-style LP signature, but I can play a '15 without being too bothered by the "100" signature and hologram.

All of that adds up-- for me personally-- to a purchase, especially at this price. But I'd never attack anyone for hatin' on it!

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^agree^^

If I hadn't just made another purchase, there would be one headed my way.

bigtone

Reaction score
I finally decided to go for the yellow special but it showed out of stock. They found one somewhere for me though. I don't think I'm going to like the p90 slug pickups, but I have some nice zhangbuckers I can install.

lemmy loud

Reaction score
I finally decided to go for the yellow special but it showed out of stock. They found one somewhere for me though. I don't think I'm going to like the p90 slug pickups, but I have some nice zhangbuckers I can install.
I wish they would make a Standard or Tribute with p90s. Nothing better to me. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. That should be a nice axe.

yamariv

Reaction score
Maybe I will!
I'd put cash down that you will be surprised! The stock Slug P90 sounds killer! Yes I did change mine out when I completely rewired my Junior but I rewired it to get rid of the PCB and a sticky input jack and found a great deal on a hand wound P90 so I decided to try that. To be honest, the stock P90 and the hand wound are almost identical in sound. I just think all P90's ROCK!

bigtone

Reaction score
I was kind of a p90 freak until recently. Now I have a few with 57 classics and still have a 52 reissue prototype with p90's which sounds great. Looking forward to trying these alnico slug p90's.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
I wish they would make a Standard or Tribute with p90s. Nothing better to me. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. That should be a nice axe.
They do make them, they just don't call them Standards. Look around, You can find LP's with P90's and carved maple tops; Tributes, Traditionals, R6's.

Deus Vult

Reaction score
If these are the same ones in 2014 LP MMs, they are great pickups

Reactions: MSB

Deus Vult

Reaction score
I agree. I would probably pull the trigger on a translucent ebony SG at that price but this signature is a deal breaker. I could never get past this.
Lol. That's the deal breaker? Rub the stupid signature off

Last edited:

oldtone

Reaction score
lemmy, I have two '17 Tributes. One of them has stock P90's!! I got it at AMS. They have it in two colors. Mine is a Goldtop. Love it!

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
That Les Paul Less+ is an absolutely incredible deal at $1000. Too bad it's gone now; had I seen this in time I would have bought one. That guitar is essentially a Less Paul Custom Lite, even down to the coil tapping switch. And I looooove the Custom Lite. What an amazing deal that was.

bigtone

Reaction score
Try calling them the yellow lip special was out of stock too, but I chatted with them and they found one. A few months ago I got a less+ for a better price from a Sam ash dealer on eBay. The less+ Really are great guitars.

smk506

Reaction score
Try calling them the yellow lip special was out of stock too, but I chatted with them and they found one. A few months ago I got a less+ for a better price from a Sam ash dealer on eBay. The less+ Really are great guitars.
Whats the neck like on yours? I just ordered one after chatting with a online CS agent who said they still had lots of them despite the backorder notice. We'll see if they are able to fulfill it or not i guess. I would have gone with the double cut or junior but they both had slim taper necks where the less plus had 'rounded' listed as it's neck spec.

I had a custom lite and it was killer except for that skinny neck.

Latest Threads