Sam Ash is blowing out 2015 Gibsons

johnnytuinals

Reaction score
Seems that ZZound and American Music Supply has some good deals on Gibsons.(as good as Samash}
I bought the Billie Joe Armstong ES137 and at that price I could not have gone wrong....At least all the Gibson Specials at Samash all the guitars come with a hard shell case

sk8rat

Reaction score
was totally ready to buy that less+ if but doesnt have the carved neck heel like the hps do.

PierM

Reaction score
was totally ready to buy that less+ if but doesnt have the carved neck heel like the hps do.
Does not. The heel on the less+ is exactly the same as a normal Les Paul. This is basically same body as a custom light.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post. :thumb:

Last edited:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can live with the features on the 2015's, the price is right.
This was the key thought and I believe it's a legit one.

For very little money, a nut and some tuners, if you're good with the neck, it's a good opportunity. Particularly on the Jr. and the double cut. If you had the option to pay a little more money for a 17 with the changes of other 17's, it might be a different story. We don't. If you've got the hots for a Jr. or a double cut, it looks like a good way to scratch the itch to me.

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
The longer you have been playing the easier it becomes to move from guitar to guitar.
yeah. But interestingly I've only played LPs for many years, and found a great strat copy. Holy shit! The scale/neck differences were insane.

I have good size hands, but initially playing the strat was something else. It seemed like I needed NBA size hands. Even on the tiny little neck (USA peavy Predator). It was the scale.... fret spacing.

What's more odd is I learned to play on a strat copy (Gibson by epiphone. Strat copy with explorer headstock). So you'd think it would be like coming home. But that was 24 years ago.

It's cool to play the strat, but it's definitely not my go-to. Especially playing scales on the first 4 frets lol.

yamariv

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking about the Junior DO IT! I got my Junior on a blow out as well and couldn't pass it up. It sounds absolutely amazing and is a fun guitar to play. The neck is a little wide for me but I got used to it. At those prices, why not!?? P90's just sound SOO GOOD!! Yum..

Juanjay24

Reaction score
Thinking about that SG, I can replace the Min-E-Tune or whatever they call it pretty easily and still come out ahead

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
Ok guys, got some info...

I ordered both the special double-cut and the junior. Spoke with Ira (sp?) who's the online guitar manager dude, former guitar tech to the stars (kiss, meatloaf, others) anyhow, I was curious about the stock for this "blowout". Did they have tons of these? Or a few of each?

I was told that they were looking to do a big sale, contacted Gibson and purchased every 2015 they had in these models. He wouldn't give me a number, but made it clear there's a lot.

So I don't expect them to sell out this weekend. Also, the fact that it's a New Gibson with HSC, thick RW fb, and p-90s for under $500 is too good. I can live with the neck, and maybe even the nut & tuners. But I can change the latter 2 if necessary.

Oh yeah... 2 years no interest!

Neil(UK)

Reaction score
These were blown out over here last year by Amazon.

A few chaps from my UK forum bought them, I think one got his for around £250!

I think most kept the electronic tuners as they are handy for alternative tunings.

BTW Gibson will send you a titanium replacement nut FOC.

Personally I think an adjustable nut is a good idea

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i wish all my guitars had the adjustable nut.mine came with kluson tuners so i have to opinion on auto tune.

wmachine

Reaction score
Wouldn't buy one and if I won one I would sell it on CL. If I could even find a buyer.
Yeah, for all the bellyaching on this site about the '15s, you'd think they don't sell at all. Well think again. Go look at Ebay sales. There are not a glut of them used and used ones are selling for decent money.
So apparently the rest of the world sees decent guitars for the money and are not so put off by some of those "horrific" details.
Last nite I pulled the trigger and bought a vintage sunburst Junior for $479. I should also point out that this includes the gold anniversary hardshell case!

RichBrew

Reaction score
These were blown out over here last year by Amazon. A few chaps from my UK forum bought them, I think one got his for around £250!...
I wish I had known that as I would have been all over them like a rash.

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
I wish I had known that as I would have been all over them like a rash.
I wonder what he actually paid. 250£ Is $326 now. Last year the exchange rate wasn't as good. So 250£ would've been $360. So $360 for a new Gibson with a HSC. In the U.K. That's an outstanding deal if true.

Seven

Reaction score
Yeah, for all the bellyaching on this site about the '15s, you'd think they don't sell at all. Well think again. Go look at Ebay sales. There are not a glut of them used and used ones are selling for decent money.
So apparently the rest of the world sees decent guitars for the money and are not so put off by some of those "horrific" details.
Last nite I pulled the trigger and bought a vintage sunburst Junior for $479. I should also point out that this includes the gold anniversary hardshell case!
These have been on clearance on various websites coming up on 2 years now. If the "rest of the world" was so crazy about them, they would have sold out in a week or less.

But hey, if that makes you feel better about your purchase then ok.

Assault Bacon

Reaction score
Not a real Les Paul, so.... not interested.
Wait... how is a Les Paul Jr. not a real Les Paul?

I mean, it's not a carve top and it's not a Standard or a Custom but it's a Les Paul Jr, by god! :D

My next guitar is going to either be a Les Paul Jr. or a Tele - I have no problem with them.

I just didn't like the '15 necks when I tried them. It's not a matter of saying "that's shit" or what have you, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Latest Threads