Salesmanship

SlyStrat

Reaction score
And post the weight of your guitar. Bathroom scale isn't accurate and is lazy.
Show pics of amp circuit board if older amp like vintage Marshall or hand wired.
My friend opened a vintage Marshall with a "high gain" mod. It was a Rat pedal taped inside the input jack!!!!!

yamariv

Reaction score
Reverb Link = Lazy seller = Me not even inquiring about the guitar.... If he doesn't want to put a nice description of the guitar with some pics think of how it would have been cared for or will be packed when shipped to you

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
And post the weight of your guitar. Bathroom scale isn't accurate and is lazy.
Show pics of amp circuit board if older amp like vintage Marshall or hand wired.
My friend opened a vintage Marshall with a "high gain" mod. It was a Rat pedal taped inside the input jack!!!!!
Guilty here. I rarely post the weight. I will post “under 9lbs.” or whatever, but in my experience, nobody casually inquiring about the weight has ever bought any I’ve had for sale. I’ve sold every one I have ever posted, no weight needed.

It’s not laziness....IDGAF about weight, so therefore, I am not going out and buying some ultra accurate scale to take up space o don’t have.

mcgeorge

Reaction score
Amazon sells luggage scales for $10, and they are very accurate.
I'm trying to live in the IDGAF world, but I'm really uptight so I would buy one of those scales.

Any idea what that luggage scale weighs? :)

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree RC, but if they need that education I'd rather not deal with em anyway.
There are several here who are gentlemen and pros. A real pleasure to work with. I like keeping it in the family.

mcgeorge

Reaction score
I've taken guitars to FedEx Office or UPS Store to weigh them.
Serious question: are you able to lay the guitar flat on their scale, or do you weigh the case with and without the guitar?

wildhawk1

Reaction score
I'm acutally a little surprised it's allowed here -- linking offsite to sales pages. If I were the owner, I'd want to keep members active here, if only for the sake of ad revenue.
Good point.

A dealer could also pose as just a regular member here simply to easily redirect people to their Reverb page without much effort.

Title.... add link.... done.

Requiring pic, decription and no off site links would chase away posers that should be paying to be a vendor.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've taken guitars to FedEx Office or UPS Store to weigh them.
I should have put an asterisk on my right of refusal to weigh...I have had people ask me to do exactly that....take it to FedEx or UPS and weigh it. My response is, sure, no problem, I will gladly do that for you. Just tell me we have a done deal if it's at or under a certain weight. Low and behold, communication ceases at that point. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well goody for you.
I sold Gibson and Epi's for 7 years with hundreds of guitars sold.
The weight is important to many people.
I'll agree, the weight is important to many people, just not buyers. :rofl:

Again, I don't have a problem doing it if it's a done deal hinging on the weight.

I had a buddy of mine sell a guitar, and he weighed it for the potential buyer at UPS. The guy ended up sending it back because it was off by .1 lbs according to HIS scale when he weighed it.

Everyone is different, and I see your point. I just don't want to deal with people who are hung up on weight.

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll agree, the weight is important to many people, just not buyers. :rofl:

Again, I don't have a problem doing it if it's a done deal hinging on the weight.

I had a buddy of mine sell a guitar, and he weighed it for the potential buyer at UPS. The guy ended up sending it back because it was off by .1 lbs according to HIS scale when he weighed it.

Everyone is different, and I see your point. I just don't want to deal with people who are hung up on weight.
Having bought and sold probably 50+ guitars, some up to $7500 or more, as soon as I hear "whats the weight?" I know there is no chance they are buyers. Anyone that would discount a guitars playability over 2 oz is not someone I even want to deal with to be quite honest. So I agree 1000%

Last edited: