SAFETY ALERT! LINE 6 PRODUCT RECALL. FIRE HAZARD, G10 TRANSMITTER..

strayedstrater

Reaction score
That was last year. They stopped selling them for about 6 months. Now that the problems with the battery suppliers have been straightened out, they're selling them again.

It was a big blow to the roll out of Yamaha's THR II wireless desktop amps, since they include the G10 and have a specialized charging dock built into the amps. They had just started shipping them when the problems appeared.

So for much of last year only the non- wireless THR10II base model was available.
-------------------------
A lot of users have complained that the firmware limits the batteries to a partial charge so they don't run as long.

tzd

Reaction score
Line 6 just sent out another huge email blast today, 1 year after their first recall email. I was stupid enough to update it then, and it dropped my battery life from more than 6 hours to less than 3 hours.

They should be replacing our transmitters instead of crippling them with this firmware update.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hell. I wish I would've read this 10 min ago. I just finished updating. I wonder if you can download an older firmware version. I noticed you can install a local file.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK

As I mentioned in my post above, I didn't read this thread until after I updated. Well, it screwed me. My unit hasn't worked since the 16th. The transmitter is dead the moment I pull it from the receiver.

Fortunately, Line6 has great support. They could see when I updated. They're sending me a pre-paid shipping label with RMA and are going to send me a brand new unit. I would seriously think twice about updating the firmware with the 1.01(R) and 1.06(T) versions.

If you do, their support number specifically for the update is 877-865-4636.

Latest Threads