safest payment option for my new LP

Ramsayjim

Reaction score
Hi wondered if anyone could help..ive found a few amazing deals on a couple of gibson and epiphone guitars. They are on a 2nd hand website from private sellers in italy..im in the uk and im obv not going to collect them therefore ill need to pay for them without physically being there..what would u recommend I do about paying for them to ensure I have a comeback if they dont arrive?
Is it as simple as just using paypal and im covered?

StoneVinyl

Reaction score
Paypal is pretty safe......Still, communicate as much as u can with the seller....does he has feedback system...or is it a store...?

Marshall mike

Reaction score
You have Buyer Protection through PayPal for instances where goods don't arrive, read up about it on the site before you purchase. I assume they accept PayPal and are willing to ship to the UK?

Doodles

Reaction score
PayPal or credit card, both give you good insurance. I think credit cards offer you protection for purchases over £99 but if you don't have one then PayPal is the next best option

Ramsayjim

Reaction score
great..thats what I was thinking..basically its like an Italian version of Gumtree. Basically private sellers. Theres a few things on it from stores but mostly private..i was just thinking of what the best way to buy it would be so that im covered if the guitar gets LOST or wasnt posted..

there loads of good deals on it compared to UK prices..for eg theres a 2013 56 vos goldtop with all the case candy etc and its from a store and its going for 1900 GBP and they are around 3200 GBP in the stores in the UK..

theres 2013 vos 57's and 58s going for the same about 2k 2.5k GBP and they are around 3200 gbp in shops here..

think ill buy an epiphone for 200 gbp on it and she how it goes..if all goes well then get a vos further down the line

www.mercatinomusicale.com incase any UK folk want a look to see what its like...

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Best way to do it is to have the seller send you a PayPal invoice for the product.

Doodles

Reaction score
Best way to do it is to have the seller send you a PayPal invoice for the product.

agreed, thats the best way then should something you go wrong you have evidence you were sending money for a specific item.
If you say, I bought a les paul and he never sent it, the guy could deny all knowledge of selling that guitar. You would have no evidence to prove that was the reason for sending money, it could have been a gift.

get an invoice for proof just in case

Gyroman

Reaction score
I'd be wary of anything offering deals that look "too good to be true", as they are often scams or you may end up with a fake. I always do a google search for customer reviews of any retailer I may be thinking of buying from to see how other customers have fared when dealing with them.

MikeZito

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard horror stories about shipping TO Italy - but I am not sure what it is like getting something FROM there . . . you might want to do some checking, first.

Latest Threads