Safe Spaces/Zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya can't force 'common culture' down the throats of people, especially in a country founded (to put it politely) on immigrants from different lands and cultures.

If ya wanna start imposing things on other people once life has become more or less cozy and set in stone for you, then your idealology is treading on shaky ground. :)

I couldn't disagree more. For reasons too numerous to mention. Your knee-jerk claim of forcing things down people's throats tells me that it would be a huge waste of time to even attempt to explain it to you. All those cultures way back when came here for like-minded opportunity. Their adopted community at large had to accept them based on some trust and conformity to a minimum standard of commonality.

The modern pushback against that sort of assimilation is the result of PC and identity politics in order to push this false claim of xenophobia. While politically advantageous at times (sadly) the consequence is what we're witnessing now in a very divided national identity. People are fed up at this point with those that say people can flood this country and not only maintain their native cultures openly, but go beyond, in order to have to live their lives in certain ways that more resemble their native cultures than even our own. Again...ask not what your country can do for you...ask what you can do for your country.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think that we've gone far enough outside the purpose of this thread.

Bring it back around on-topic, or I'll close it up. Arguments and those that perpetuate them are getting tiresome.

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
LtDave... I get it. And not surprised one bit.

My point is that the media and those with a certain agenda will swear up and down that those people are just coming here to "realize the American Dream" and to become Americans, while never bothering to define or point out what that is. And those gullible enough to buy that won't even trust their lying eyes which should convince them otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads