Saddle adjustment help

78CustomKev

Reaction score
I just picked up this 1978 Custom and I want to adjust the intonation but these saddles have two threaded screws each. Allen head on each side. I can loosen them both but that’s about it? They sort of lock in place when you tighten them up. Weird I’ve never seen one like this. Any thoughts? Do I need to wrenches and turn them at the same time?

Attachments

Last edited:

MiniB

Reaction score
Wow...can it be replaced with a regular Nashville-style tune-o-matic?

jkes01

Reaction score
I just picked up this 1978 Custom and I want to adjust the intonation but these saddles have two threaded screws each. Allen head on each side. I can loosen them both but that’s about it? They sort of lock in place when you tighten them up. Weird I’ve never seen one like this. Any thoughts? Do I need to wrenches and turn them at the same time?
Each saddle has 2 screws. One Allen and a slot head screw. Try turning them both in the same direction.

78CustomKev

Reaction score
Each saddle has 2 screws. One Allen and a slot head screw. Try turning them both in the same direction.

I just now noticed that little flat screw once you said that. Thank you I’ll give it a try. I just got this and have never seen one like that. I’m guessing it’s aftermarket. Any idea who makes it?

CerebralGasket

Reaction score
Remove the bridge and look at the bottom side for any stamping that may reveal who manufactured it.

endial

Reaction score
Wow. Great concept. Pain in the butt to work it though. Yeah, turn two screws in the same direction. I sure hope you're intonation is not too far out!

Latest Threads