Sad day - RIP Gordon

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I'm really sorry about this Jon. Always looked forward to his pictures and videos. Again, really sorry.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. The buggers really get to us, it's hard. He was lucky to have you, and you him.
They are every bit as much family as siblings or children.
22 years with my departed cat... that's 4 years longer than my wife lived with the stepdaughter and 8 years longer than I knew her.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I am very sad for you, as all of my best friends have four legs and bark a bit. But they are still my best friends. All the dogs in my neighborhood come to me for recognition, and I hope it stays that way. It is so good that you gave a home to a dog with sight disabilities. I have been told by vets that dogs don’t see very well anyway. Unfortunately dogs don’t live as long as we do. As we have always had dogs, we have had many sad days, as you are having now. I would recommend that one way to recover from the grief would be to adopt a shelter or rescue dog. That is what your dog would have wanted you to do.

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all special. They all leave us. I hate to say one has anything over another or that there are degrees of loss, but Gordon was a special guy taken in a loved by a special guy. Not a lot of folks get in line for a special needs puppy.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very sad for you, as all of my best friends have four legs and bark a bit. But they are still my best friends. All the dogs in my neighborhood come to me for recognition, and I hope it stays that way. It is so good that you gave a home to a dog with sight disabilities. I have been told by vets that dogs don’t see very well anyway. Unfortunately dogs don’t live as long as we do. As we have always had dogs, we have had many sad days, as you are having now. I would recommend that one way to recover from the grief would be to adopt a shelter or rescue dog. That is what your dog would have wanted you to do.
Thanks. Gordon was a rescue, and we have two more that are rescues still with us. As hard as it is to lose a fur friend, it's even worse to not have one at all.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all special. They all leave us. I hate to say one has anything over another or that there are degrees of loss, but Gordon was a special guy taken in a loved by a special guy. Not a lot of folks get in line for a special needs puppy.
Thanks Mark. I'd encourage anyone to consider a special needs dog to adopt. They have as much to give as any, and watching them is an inspiration. Gordon never let his blindness or his dysplasia slow him down in the slightest

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Jon.

It's been a yr since we put Sofi down. I miss her all the time.

It does get easier.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
I went to a website that advertised things like this. I did this right before Christmas I haven't ordered it yet.
I lost the website.

1610463702070.png

Latest Threads