RUSH is the coolest band ever!! (Flood Relief content)

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a resident of Calgary, which some of you know was hit by devastating, unprecedented flooding in June. Our city & surrounding area has been recovering slowly, and is receiving a big, helping hand from Rush.
The band was slated to perform at our local venue, the Saddledome on July 24th and the show was cancelled due to the extensive damage the arena received. Rush was kind enough to reschedule the show in nearby Red Deer for the same night, and have all proceeds go to Alberta Flood relief..In addition, the band will cover their own costs & transportation so that ALL funds are donated....and also will be giving all proceeds from the sale of the very cool t-shirt below to Relief as well. My local Long & McQuade store is selling them and I've got one reserved :D
Contrast that with the other 4 acts who had their concerts cancelled in July @ the 'Dome (Tim McGraw, KISS, Dixie Chicks & Bruno Mars) who didn't do a damn thing between them.
I've always been a Rush fan and own many of their CD's / DVD's and am immensely proud of this incredibly generous Canadian act :applause:

NeptuneBlue

Reaction score
Another restoring faith in humanity thread... those guys were always humanitarians. Gotta love 'em, and they play some pretty good music, too. They're not even close to my favorite style of music and I still listen to them occasionally. So glad to hear they're still also helping people out.

huffdaddy

Reaction score
Are you going KS ?

I saw them a couple weeks ago. Another good tour. They have an 8 piece string section for half the show.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic that I took ( I had a good seat ) ...

Stage Fright

Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, Rush have always been a class act. It goes without saying they have talent and are very creative.

KS 5150

Reaction score
Are you going KS ?

I saw them a couple weeks ago. Another good tour. They have an 8 piece string section for half the show.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic that I took ( I had a good seat ) ...

No, I wish.....I gotta work early all week and can't get away for it. I'll have to be content with just the t-shirt. A couple of buddies are going & I imagine the atmosphere will be electric...I have to say, ever since I heard about this, I've been playing "Clockwork Angels" a LOT..great pic, btw :thumb:

truckermde

Reaction score
Great news!

I'm not at all surprised to hear Rush doing something awesome like that!

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, Rush have always been a class act. It goes without saying they have talent and are very creative.

How incredible is it that Alex is the least talented musician in that group! When Alex Lifeson is the least talented guy in your band, well fvck me.......

Cygnus X1

Reaction score
Good on them, and prayers for the victims of the flood.
I think the most amazing thing about them is their resurgence, the quality of their shows, and their material.
They are not "mailing it in" or resting on their laurels fo' sho'...

KS 5150

Reaction score
How incredible is it that Alex is the least talented musician in that group! When Alex Lifeson is the least talented guy in your band, well fvck me.......
I would rate Alex & Geddy about equal....as for Peart, he's otherworldly....

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised in the least. Not only do they seem like very "down to earth" guys, but they are very "down to earth" guys. They've never let all their success go to their head. Real human beings that care about others.

Hope things return to normal for you/the area soon!

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I would rate Alex & Geddy about equal....as for Peart, he's otherworldly....

I would rank Alex and Geddy the same if not for the fact that Geddy plays bass, keyboards, and sings. In my mind, him playing multiple instruments while also singing causes him to slightly edge out Alex.

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Reaction score
Always on the periphery of bands I listened to but
Rush is a band I've always had the utmost respect for.

Their musicianship is so good.
Their song writing superb.

Their production always good.

And they all seem to be great guys....approachable.
I'd love to have a beer with one or all of them.

Anyway, good on them once again, for this generous act.

:)

michaelinokc

Reaction score
Classy move by Rush, but please don't rag on US bands that canceled shows in Canada because the venue was damaged. Some US bands are in Oklahoma taking care of their own after the tornadoes.

Hoping for a smooth and complete recovery for our brothers and sisters up north.

Latest Threads