Runner strangles attacking mountain lion.

45WinMag

Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/crazy-but-true-colorado-runner-survives-mountain-lion-attack-by-choking-animal-to-death

"The victim was attacked from behind on West Ridge Trail in the Larimer County foothills during his run. The man was bitten on his face and wrist before he managed to pick up a rock and slam the animal on the head. He jumped on the animal’s back and choked it to death with his hands, arms, and feet, Ferrell said.

Wildlife officers searched the trail where the runner said the attack occurred and found a dead mountain lion near some possessions the runner had described. The officers estimated that the animal was less than a year old and weighed about 80 pounds."

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow!

If the dude can actually do that, maybe he could also give my smelly-ass cat a bath without nearly being killed. I see a future as a pet groomer in the cards for this guy... :hmm:

Seriously, though: 90 pounds is a hell of a lot of cat. He's lucky in a whole bunch of ways, not the least of which being that the rock he used to clobber the cat came to hand.

--R

Last edited:

The Mick

Reaction score
Wow!

If the dude can actually do that, maybe he could also give my smelly-ass cat a bath without being nearly killed. I see a future as a pet groomer in the cards for this guy... :hmm:

Seriously, though: 90 pounds is a hell of a lot of cat. He's lucky in a whole bunch of ways, not the least of which being that the rock he used to clobber the cat came to hand.

--R
That's funny shit, I don't care who you are! Even the cat thinks so!

KP11520

Reaction score
Two worlds colliding...... Animal always loses, even if they win the first round.

Territory keeps encroaching on their food sources. The destination of this paradigm is sad.

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
a 12lb cat can do serious damage when it has to. cant even imagine fighting a big cat.
We have a 12 lb tomcat who gets a little loco at the vet. The vet told me that she would rather deal with a 100 lb pit bull than a 12 lb cat. Her words, not mine: "A scared 12 lb cat with claws will tear you to shreds. A scared 100 lb pit bull MIGHT nip at you a couple times." It took a vet-tech with welding gloves (up to her shoulders), and the vet about 3 minutes to finally tell us that if we want our cats claws trimmed, he's going to have to be sedated; she's not putting her tech, herself or our cat in that kind of danger.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have been torn to shreds by little cats. I had this really wild cat out here that broke a leg badly. You would think I could catch a 3 legged cat to get it to the vet, right? Well, I couldn't. So I found her sleeping on a hay bale and threw a blanket over her, and scooped her up to put in the carrier. That cat nearly sliced my throat open. I had deep cuts from ear to ear all over my neck. Needless to say I let go and she took off. And I said, well, either you will live and heal or you will die, but I give up!

She did live and heal and had many more years of life.