Rose Quarter Guitar Festival - Portland OR 11/17

Lungo

Reaction score
Didn't think we were getting a Fall show this year but saw this posted on Facebook this morning. Anyone else going?

Show.jpg

Lungo

Reaction score
I got there around 10:30 or so and it was pretty busy. The quality of vendors overall was good. Better than I remember from the last show. Larry Mitchell was scheduled to play at 1:00 but we couldn't stick around. I would have planned better if they had posted the performer schedule online.

We left at 12:00. Not sure if $15 (x2) was worth 1.5 hrs but I'm glad I supported it. Hopefully the next one will be even better. Did anyone else go?

Big John

level of suckage: 10
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dude, I missed you by an hour. Got there at 1:00. I didn't know I was going until 10:00 that morning. The Mrs. just HAD to do some shopping in PDX. Sooooo, I just HAD to get my ass dropped off for a while. I didn't really see anything earth-moving. At least I didn't have to wait around and look stupid with the other husbands as their wives shopped.

Lungo

Reaction score
Dude, I missed you by an hour. Got there at 1:00. I didn't know I was going until 10:00 that morning. The Mrs. just HAD to do some shopping in PDX. Sooooo, I just HAD to get my ass dropped off for a while. I didn't really see anything earth-moving. At least I didn't have to wait around and look stupid with the other husbands as their wives shopped.

Oh well maybe I’ll catch you next time. Did you see Larry play any?

Big John

level of suckage: 10
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he was playing solos over a backing track. Good player. I got into a jam with Robbie Laws, local PDX blues dude. He & I were trading licks and comps for about 10 mins. He's a good player, too.

Lungo

Reaction score
Yeah, he was playing solos over a backing track. Good player. I got into a jam with Robbie Laws, local PDX blues dude. He & I were trading licks and comps for about 10 mins. He's a good player, too.
Sounds like I missed all the action. Only exciting thing I saw was my wife buying a pink guitar for $20 lol.