Roland Micro-CUBE

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Thanks Wuchak. I have read that article on the Roland site before. I'd quite forgot
about it. It answers alot of my questions, and explains some good points of the Micro
Cube.

Classicplayer

kip0909

Reaction score
Bumpity, rather than starting a new thread, how about we all share some of our favorite settings?

Model British combo
Gain 1 o'clock
Tone 2 o'clock
reverb 2 o'clock
volume 9 o'clock

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Kip, I have a similar setting for the Brit Combo model:

Model British combo (with a Les Paul)

Gain 10 o'clock
Tone 2 o'clock
reverb 2 o'clock
volume 9 o'clock

Also for the Classic Stack model (with a Les Paul)

Gain 11 o'clock
Tone 2 o'clock
reverb 2 o'clock
volume 8:30 o'clock

Classicplayer

TWANG

Reaction score
I have a housefull of amps.

and I love that micro cube..I love taking it with me.. I love moving it around the house.. to the shop..
I love the phones. I love the cd in.. I love the batterys..
I love it AS a pedal..

and I love the sounds..

I think it's the coolest best sounding little amp out there..
I think the vox ad5? or whatever that is.. has just as many fans.

but I wanted a red one.

TWANG

Skynyrdpicker

Reaction score
I love mine! Great tone for at home :thumb:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsKsp6m_gY]YouTube - Xaviere XV-870 Strat Demo[/ame]

That's an old video of me on a Strat copy I had.

Settings were Classic stack with gain at 8 o'clock, tone at 12 o'clock, reverb at 3 o'clock :)

I rock my LP on the Classic Stack with gain at 2 o'clock and reverb at 2 as well for some great crunch :thumb:

baumwolle

Reaction score
I agree, MicroCube is one of the best SS amps for home-practicing, but I wouldn't buy any of it's bigger brothers for band practice/live. Call me old fashioned.

Classicplayer

Reaction score
I really like my Micro Cube. I have the red one. I use a Hamer Studio Custom and a Les Paul Classic; both guitars have humbuckers. I prefer the Classic Stack and the Brit Combo models. A Strat sure sounds good on this amp too.

I also have the Cube20X model and while it is good, I like the tone of the Micro Cube a bit better. I wrote to Roland regarding the 20X's amp models. They told me that they were not modeled after any existing amps. The models were Roland's propriety software. The 20X would not be a great choice in a band situation, I agree.

Classicplayer

tnvol

Reaction score
I love mine. I travel a lot and I take mine with me whenever I can. It gets some pretty awesome tone for what it is. The only gripe I have with them is they crap out when you crank them. I really like the Modern Gain setting. Great for metal type stuff. Never played it on clean so I wouldn't know about that. I actually put a mic on mine and played live with it through a PA once. Nobody could believe it was a little 2 watt battery powered amp. When my daughter started playing I got her one and she loves it too.

DagerOne

Reaction score
You guys are making me think I should sell my Peavey Classic 20 in favor of getting one of these and pocketing some cash in the process. :(

2009LPGT

Reaction score
I love mine, I use it for lots of things but taking it camping is the best! It always turns into a mini campground performance! Truely, the "late at night don't want to wake the wife amp!"

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8Hu4WQWz8]YouTube - Roland Micro Cube All Channels Review[/ame]

kec

Reaction score
Love mine. Modded mine with a new cab & Jensen Mod 8". It's now about the same size as a Vox DA-5.

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Love mine. Modded mine with a new cab & Jensen Mod 8". It's now about the same size as a Vox DA-5.
That thing looks so kickass. Nice job. I want to do that to mine. How is it with the larger Jensen? How are Jensens, for that matter?

That little $120.00 amp, which runs on batteries so I can play while the wife and daughter are sleeping, completely rocks out at low volume. It's nice to be able to noodle with a few different types of amps while sitting on the couch watching TV. It really does sound good, until you crank it past about 3 or 4, which is pretty loud for your living room.

I'm so addicted to having a bunch of cool amps on tap, I think I'm going for the Egnater Tweaker next.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Tells us about the cab . I have thought of doing the same thing but with some fancy flame or quilted wood. How does the speaker compare to the original which was specially designed?

brianugly

Reaction score
I think one of the reasons the cube is so versatile, is because Roland knows how to create some great emulations and effects. Think BOSS pedals with the COSM pedals that sound great, all in one amp.

Cygnus X1

Reaction score
Everyone knows I am primarily a tube nut but I have had a lot of exposure to the Cube and love that little beast.
If I had to travel with an amp it is the one I would get.

Ed Zeppeli

Reaction score
love mine too. great for camping.

I'm currently building a larger cab for it as well but w/ the same depth so I can re-use the corners. I'd be interested in hearing about that Jensen speaker too!

kec

Reaction score
Tells us about the cab . I have thought of doing the same thing but with some fancy flame or quilted wood. How does the speaker compare to the original which was specially designed?
The Jensen MOD 8" is an excellent speaker for the MC. Especially, when compared to the stock one that farts out when pushed. A bit more bassy (of course), but nothing that can't be adjusted. The port on the back of the cabinet was not calculated, so that may require tweaking if you want to get anal about it. I haven't tried it sealed. I just checked Jensen's website and they actually give TS specs for the MOD series - cool.

I played it this past weekend and still cannot believe how good it sounds.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow There is a thread in itself . Did you make a new Baffle board as well ? Is it the same size cab as the original ?