Rock n Roll HOF Latest Blunder

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time thinking Lenny Kaye, Sykes, Grohl and Van Zandt voted againt them.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe Lemmy will get into here. Kind of like an exchange student.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe Lemmy will get into here. Kind of like an exchange student.
I wonder how many guitar-driven bands would ever make it into That HOF?

Anymore, if rock n' roll HOF is attached to it in any way, whatever it is attached to, I avoid.

Ain't in my wheelhouse, ain't in my baliwick, and if it comes on the radio, I can't turn the dial or push the button fast enough.

And you couldn't get me into the Hip Hop HOF if I were on the rope end of a tractor-pull.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
This place is not an extraordinarily long drive away, but the idiots keep giving me more and more reason to not even consider a trip.

oh, and it’s beyond the realms of reality that I’ll make the trip if they keep this shit up.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Opinions...of humans....

What could possibly go wrong.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Jane Weiner is still miffed that Priest covered Diamonds and Rust.

While I find the guitars less than inspiring on this version Rob shows why he’s one of the best vocalists in the biz.

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like they’re breaking the law putting a rap act in a rock hall of fame, right?
Seems like it to me.

But I have a tendency to take things literally. Hall of Fame means, "Hall of FAME". not "oh yeah, these guys".

If this is indeed a "Hall of Fame", then the inductees IMO, must have significantly impacted the genre of rock n' roll, or rock. Not merely "played some songs, recorded a single or two, got themselves on rotation on MTV back in the day with a single or two".

Example at the 90's time of the genre: Nirvana.

Not everybody can have hair down to their ass, highlighed by a professional hairystylist daily, have smoke canisters and pyrotechnic effects, and able to shred 32nd notes 90 miles an hour.

Along comes Nirvana, and all of a sudden, you've got garage bands able to get together, just guys down the street, put on some torn jeans and pendeltons , get loud and have a bash. Just like in the 1960's -70's with thousands of bands starting up in dad's garage. Just like I did.

That's influence. Big-time. And it sparked an entire genre.

Not some fat boys from 'da hood taking an Areosmith song and rapping it. No instruments.

Did not see nor hear of thousands of kids starting up garage bands and expanding the genre over that.

What was their follow-up hit single on the rock charts? or the one after that? or the one after that?

Rap HOF? -sure. You betcha.

Rock n' roll HOF? -Go home, Clyde.

DotStudio

Reaction score
It's the popular music HOF and it has been for some time. Letting certain folks in and keeping others out rustles people's jimmies and keeps the HOF in the news. Keeping big names out (Priest) ensures they have big performances for years to come. No one is getting snubbed, they're just trying to play the long game and remain viable. Eventually Beyonce will be in and there will be a million angry forum posts and articles written, repeating the cycle. It's not a personal attack, it's marketing.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are 3 rap groups that can ever be considered for the hall. And I think they're all in.

Run dmc
Nwa
Public enemy
At least Run DMC did a collab with Aerosmith.
Beastie Boys were a decent crossover.