rock and roll's vortex?

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
here you go...another strange thing posted by me in a different thread....

it is always good to question tradition...is not that at the vortex, the foundation of rock and roll...or really any art form that is not mandated by the "elite"....

tell me what you think.......

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
believe what you do because you questioned it and believe it, not because someone else , a book or a tradition told you to.

then again, conformity: it's easier than thinking.:slash:

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
i think that is a huge part owing to popularity and explosion of rock, hard rock and heavy metal. it went against the grain and pissed off the establishment. just like how the majority of rap albums are purchased by middle to upper class white kids.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i think that is a huge part owing to popularity and explosion of rock, hard rock and heavy metal. it went against the grain and pissed off the establishment. just like how the majority of rap albums are purchased by middle to upper class white kids.

interesting.....

one thought I had, was that RnR ability to take from any musical genre could be an example of "deconstructing" or challenging tradition...

(but, I think an argument could be made that it is "just" dance music and is no more profound then that...

and as always there are many different thoughts)

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
interesting thought there about deconstruction. i think you could argue that by doing that rock upheld the traditions of other genres...with blues being the obvious example.

to paraphrase Sir Alec, i guess it depends on your point of view.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
interesting thought there about deconstruction. i think you could argue that by doing that rock upheld the traditions of other genres...with blues being the obvious example.

By creating the other? dig?.....(one could say by creating the unacceptable and thus limiting and justifying the original?)

(did Sir Alec rock? lol)

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
one could say by creating the unacceptable and thus limiting and justifying the original?

i can dig that.

i have to admit, i think you have the most thought provoking threads of anyone on this forum. and i do realize this is a guitar site, but still...it is nice to get away from the constant and never-ending epi vs gibson, pickguard on/off threads. cheers:)

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you...

I have enjoyed your posts

but I hope to god you are not suggesting that epis are better the gibsons......are you? :laugh2:

after being here for a while...I am awaiting the mandatory mothly debate about marijuana....

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
lol no.

but i did see there is another one going on in the epi section right now....

Latest Threads