Robin amps Low watt amp head

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
This amp was made as a chassis by Paul Rixion of Robin amps out of Jensen beach Florida. Paul made some incredible amp clones and was highly regarded in the area and then suddenly disappeared.

Amp was rated at 1W but sounds more like 5w to me. Not much clean room but has incredible overdrive at talking volumes. Has a built in Tubescreamer like boost activated by a toggle. GREAT for slide playing! 5963 tubes.

Original owner built the figured wood cab. a few dents on the right side........only noticeable in the right light. No issues. Great vintage tones. Best slide amp I've played. No issues.

Might trade towards some high end humbuckers/ Analog man King of Tone/ Klon KTR . $450 shipped.

Last edited:

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Great head........(keep your mind outta the gutter!!) :fingersx:

bugman

Reaction score
So is this a Marshall clone, any sound clips. I’m intrested

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry......I dont know alot about specifics when it comes to amps. I do know that Paul knew his stuff. This is from around 2004 when he had a full shop for a while before he dissapeared off the planet. http://jedistar.com/robin-amps/

I tried to get a really good Picture of the bottom of the Transformers. This is a great straight forward low watt head. It gets loud enough for decent small club use IMO. No clean room really though. Not a Marshall type grind........more Tweedy. The built in Tube screamer really works great.

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
So is this a Marshall clone, any sound clips. I’m interested
Not specifically of this amp . But heres another one thats very simuliar. This one sounds like its got more head room though. Has larger tubes. Really well made though. Its cool. The built in boost takes it over the top.

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Home playing doesn't get any better!!