Roberteaux

Mexicanbreed

Banned
Reaction score
I´m sure almost everybody here knows Roberteaux, a charming fellow member. Well, Roberteaux is my friend. Don´t consider this as a light comment, not for a second. He´s a friend of mine. His insightful and thoughtful comments on a variety of topics more often than not provide the sometimes missing voice of reason in many of the topics posted here. Also, he has no reserve in sharing parts of his life, which is not easy to do, and he does this honestly and without reserve.

He´s an interesting guy...one-time biker and hell-raiser, public server in many guises, and now a guitar lover. Thanks to the latter, he found this forum and became part of it. I look forward to his posts and threads here. More than once, he´s made me think, he´s made me wonder, and I´ll admit, he´s made me tear up once or twice, especially when sharing stories of his love for the people close to his heart.

That´s not the only reason I look forward to his posts. He has a way with words, and he can paint a picture, colorful and emotional...on a thread, on an internet forum. I´m not the only one who has told him this, but I truly believe he´s a writer. Not someone who can write, but a writer. It´s the same difference if you say someone is a guitarist, not a guy who plays the guitar. Words are one of his many talents and I hope that not only us will be lucky enough to read them. I hope he considers turning this innate talent to good use and a book (or 20) will come out into the light.

Robert, thank you for your words, thank you for your honesty and openness, and thank you for your friendship.

José.

Mexicanbreed

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. They are quite 'lyrical' aren't they? :)

Oh, and that's my favorite one too, about Mrs. Wise...

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backstage/154760-summertime.html

Thanks for posting that, I hadn´t read it. I´m glad to know that those books are waiting for his retirement to start being written.

Lyrical is exactly the adjective I needed! Truthfully, I think he has a voice of his own, which may still grow and mature as a writer. I love reading, and I like reading good stuff, and his is quite good.

I wish I had half the talent to express my admiration for the guy.

Latest Threads