Robert Johnson bio on Netflix

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I watched "A Clockwork Orange" last night and saw a tease for this. I'll check it out. BTW, watch ACO even if have seen it way back when. It's a very cool flick.

Svet

Reaction score
Oh wow, thanks for sharing this! I’ll check it out

DotStudio

Reaction score
long on story, short on facts. Still entertaining.
Yeah, I was wondering how they were going to fill up a biopic regarding a person that no one really knows anything about.

I'm still 100% going to watch, because I love stuff like this.

cjpeck

Reaction score
it's worth watching. Just not to be taken as gospel. most of it consists of people relating anecdotes that were second hand the first time they were ever told if you know what I mean. The producers were pretty slick sliding from fact to story without making the distinction. But still, there are nuggets of gold in there, like Son House telling how Johnson used to try and get on stage when House and Brown were grabbing a drink. I've never heard it actually told by Son House himself. Pretty cool.

Droog

Reaction score
I was surprised to see it and look forward to seeing it. I figured they'd have a Justin Beebs or Britney Spears movie instead.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
thanks for posting . now maybe I should renew my subscription ( which means I haven't watched anything on Netflix for the last 3 months )

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
long on story, short on facts. Still entertaining.

just watched it . didn't learn anything new __ but heard a lot of people talking about nothing . personally . I didn't find it entertaining at all . good thing it was less than an hour of my day gone to waste

G Man

Reaction score
It was worth a watch, but as others have said, you won't learn much. I also watched the Sam Cooke one, also worth checking out.

Mike J.

Reaction score
It’s nice to see such a commercial giant as Netflix giving this biopic a shot. It was entertaining, but I prefer “The search for Robert Johnson” where Hammond jr is on the hunt for some great info on RJ.

Howard2k

Reaction score
It’s nice to see such a commercial giant as Netflix giving this biopic a shot. It was entertaining, but I prefer “The search for Robert Johnson” where Hammond jr is on the hunt for some great info on RJ.

Haven’t seen that one. I’ll try to find it. Thanks.

Latest Threads