Robben Ford is selling his '53 Goldtop

Xrun Morzov

Reaction score
Been watching this interview

and decided to check Reverb.. SUDDENLY I SEE THE VERY SAME GUITAR.

Unreal coincidence!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Not a bad price. Wonder why so low?

Even in that condition, that price is relatively close to market-value of a regular, non-pro-owned early '50s LP.

Truth011

Reaction score
I think the asking price is a little ambitious but it is Robben Ford's guitar so who knows. I was watching a YouTube video in which he was showing his new burst conversion. It looked like the one that Normans Rare Guitars had for sale last year. Does anybody have any information on that guitar?

boogieongtr

Reaction score
I sold the guitar to Robben in 2017. It was 100% original down to the solder joints when I sold it to him. The guitar has since been cannibalized . Here are the things changed: pickups, harness, switch tip, backplates, trap bridge plus a lot of hard road wear. I have the pics to prove it and yes $25K is a joke for the guitar that has been messed with. I sent him a message along with the pics that back up what I'm saying. I told him the guitar is now only worth around $14K. Buyers Beware...!!

RAG7890

Reaction score
I sold the guitar to Robben in 2017. It was 100% original down to the solder joints when I sold it to him. The guitar has since been cannibalized . Here are the things changed: pickups, harness, switch tip, backplates, trap bridge plus a lot of hard road wear. I have the pics to prove it and yes $25K is a joke for the guitar that has been messed with. I sent him a message along with the pics that back up what I'm saying. I told him the guitar is now only worth around $14K. Buyers Beware...!!
Thanks Jim.................I rest my case. :thumbs:

Cheers, Rudi

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I sold the guitar to Robben in 2017. It was 100% original down to the solder joints when I sold it to him. The guitar has since been cannibalized . Here are the things changed: pickups, harness, switch tip, backplates, trap bridge plus a lot of hard road wear.
Yikes!!! Thanks for the valuable intel!

Haprom

Reaction score
He sounds Fucking Amazing...WoW Thanks...

Xrun Morzov

Reaction score
What a sad story. I was hoping Robben could do the living with his music..

dspelman

Reaction score
I've currently got a trio of mid-50's Customs, and I've come close to picking up an original '59 burst from Rumble Seat when it was in Ithaca, NY. I've actually had a custom cabinet built to store the 30+ (out of 50+) guitars that were littering the floor of my den (spousal unit crabbed incessantly about how uggerly all the black cases and bags were). There are nice pieces, but I realized some time ago that I was essentially more of a "caretaker" for a lot of these, earning the thanks of whomever they ended up with down the line.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as he discloses that info, the market will decide what it's worth. Maybe he doesn't really WANT to sell, but figures if he can pull near that kind of dough, he would part with it. FWIW, I agree with you, 25k IS insane, but, his axe, so.....

EDIT.....looks like it SOLD.