Robben Ford is selling his '53 Goldtop

Xrun Morzov

Reaction score
Been watching this interview

and decided to check Reverb.. SUDDENLY I SEE THE VERY SAME GUITAR.

Unreal coincidence!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Not a bad price. Wonder why so low?

Even in that condition, that price is relatively close to market-value of a regular, non-pro-owned early '50s LP.

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a bad price. Wonder why so low?

Even in that condition, that price is relatively close to market-value of a regular, non-pro-owned early '50s LP.
IMHO that is actually overpriced for a Trap Les Paul.

You can get the same Guitar for less..............as in < 20K.

:cheers2:

Truth011

Reaction score
I think the asking price is a little ambitious but it is Robben Ford's guitar so who knows. I was watching a YouTube video in which he was showing his new burst conversion. It looked like the one that Normans Rare Guitars had for sale last year. Does anybody have any information on that guitar?

Blue Blood

Reaction score
I can't wait to see it get converted to a burst w humbuckers.

totally being a smart-ss

Reactions: Who

boogieongtr

Reaction score
I sold the guitar to Robben in 2017. It was 100% original down to the solder joints when I sold it to him. The guitar has since been cannibalized . Here are the things changed: pickups, harness, switch tip, backplates, trap bridge plus a lot of hard road wear. I have the pics to prove it and yes $25K is a joke for the guitar that has been messed with. I sent him a message along with the pics that back up what I'm saying. I told him the guitar is now only worth around $14K. Buyers Beware...!!

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
I sold the guitar to Robben in 2017. It was 100% original down to the solder joints when I sold it to him. The guitar has since been cannibalized . Here are the things changed: pickups, harness, switch tip, backplates, trap bridge plus a lot of hard road wear. I have the pics to prove it and yes $25K is a joke for the guitar that has been messed with. I sent him a message along with the pics that back up what I'm saying. I told him the guitar is now only worth around $14K. Buyers Beware...!!
Thanks Jim.................I rest my case. :thumbs:

Cheers, Rudi

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I sold the guitar to Robben in 2017. It was 100% original down to the solder joints when I sold it to him. The guitar has since been cannibalized . Here are the things changed: pickups, harness, switch tip, backplates, trap bridge plus a lot of hard road wear.
Yikes!!! Thanks for the valuable intel!

My Les Paul Classifieds