Rist Workhorse for Sale

redking

Reaction score
Hey guys - just a PSA - what I believe could be the first Rist Workhorse (#000) is for sale on reverb. Tempted myself, but I have too many guitar projects on the go right now so I can't be too greedy. :cool:

edit: the ad is not set up to ship out of the USA (located in Nashville) but if you search "Rist" on reverb and re-set the filters to "ships everywhere" it should come up

Last edited:

jimmyjames

Reaction score
I can't get the link here, but even I know of Roman Rist's standing in the guitar world. Someone is gunna snap up a lifetime guitar.

Seven

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 3.52.39 PM.png

smk506

Reaction score
Guy had it on local Craigslist as well, I think I talked him out of selling it… sorry guys.

If it’s any consolation he seemed like a good dude who didn’t know quite what he had, and I DID give him a heads up on posting it on mlp if he wants to move it fast in the future.

Sorry for breaking any hearts, but he didn’t know :dunno:.

redking

Reaction score
Still comes up for me on Reverb when I filter out shipping location. I think because I posted that link and I am in Canada, it may not work. If someone from the US wanted to search "Rist" and post the link, I'm guessing it will work.

Gold_topped

Reaction score
Still comes up for me on Reverb when I filter out shipping location. I think because I posted that link and I am in Canada, it may not work. If someone from the US wanted to search "Rist" and post the link, I'm guessing it will work.
I tried and that didn’t work.

Seven

Reaction score
Found it. $1850 with make an offer enabled.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
See post #2 in this thread:

That's the prototype built for Lee Jackson (founder of the L.A. band Judge Jackson, passed away six years ago). Has a custom hot P-90 wound by the infamous Will Boggs, and a boost switch. There are a bunch of videos of that guitar on YouTube and it sounds killer.

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Reading through the end of that thread is certainly interesting. After Lee passed away, his guitars were apparently sold off and this one ended up on Craigslist in the Pacific Northwest for 500 bucks!

Big John

MLP: mid life pimple
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
....this one ended up on Craigslist in the Pacific Northwest for 500 bucks!
Yeah, southern Oregon. A friend in Portland told me about it. I missed it by a hair.

Looking back, I should've had Will make me a set of his P-90's. Roman told me they were the shit.

Latest Threads