RIP Retirement

Meatwad

Reaction score
I had my first "real" job interview in well over 31 years yesterday.

All the interviews that I had during my time at the university when I was moving up the ladder were pretty much just formalities they had to do to push along the process.

My intention all along was to take a little time off, and then finally get:

I put in for several jobs, but the one that really caught my eye was the first one that contacted me.
During the interview, I was honest and forthright......and as usual, I cursed too much.
I vaguely recall throwing out "entitled assholes', "turds in the punchbowl", "fucking snowflakes", etc., etc., etc.

At the end of my second interview it was pretty much:
They fast tracked my background check and a few other things, and quickly made me an offer, which I accepted.
So....after the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll be gainfully employed full time, back in the maintenance biz.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had my first "real" job interview in well over 31 years yesterday.

All the interviews that I had during my time at the university when I was moving up the ladder were pretty much just formalities they had to do to push along the process.

My intention all along was to take a little time off, and then finally get:

I put in for several jobs, but the one that really caught my eye was the first one that contacted me.
During the interview, I was honest and forthright......and as usual, I cursed too much.
I vaguely recall throwing out "entitled assholes', "turds in the punchbowl", "fucking snowflakes", etc., etc., etc.

At the end of my second interview it was pretty much:
They fast tracked my background check and a few other things, and quickly made me an offer, which I accepted.
So....after the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll be gainfully employed full time, back in the maintenance biz.
Sheesh, every time I ever dropped a fuck or an asshole in an interview I never got a call back :hmm: I’m feeling violated, triggered and shunned:lol:

Meatwad

Reaction score
Sheesh, every time I ever dropped a fuck or an asshole in an interview I never got a call back :hmm: I’m feeling violated, triggered and shunned:lol:
I could tell right off the bat that the guys running the show were old school.
As soon as they started in on problems they've had with people being lazy or not showing up on time etc., I just started going off.:laugh2:

"You're gonna fit in here just fine!!":h5:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i turn 62 on monday.house and cars are paid for and there money in the bank.the wife retires next tuesday.im not ready yet,even on the crappy days i consider it but wonder what life would be like without being a clamp truck driver.been doing it for 25 years,still like it most days.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I plan on stroking out at the expeditor window screaming at the kitchen during a crazy rush when they’re screwing up and dropping like a rock in the waitress station.

“I think he’s really done it this time. Call somebody to come get him outta here. We got trays to move.”

redcoats1976

Reaction score
dont laugh,a guy that owned 4 restaurants in the orlando area had that happen last year and had to sell his restaurants.i went one one after the new owners took it over,it was the suck.

Pal

Reaction score
I sold my business at 45. I thought I would play golf, go boating, play guitar, smoke weed everyday and go on month long vacations. Within six months I was out of my mind. I started a whole new career and I am back to working 80-100 hours a week.

Meatwad

Reaction score
Well.....I just turned 54, and I wasn't exactly getting rich when I was working.
Taking my pension was a pretty drastic cut down from what I was making, and the insurance cost taken from that whittled it down even farther.

Now, I'm practically more than doubling my income, and I'm going to have even better benefits, so it's a no-brainer.
I need something to do anyways. I was starting to go a little stir crazy.