RIP Ken Warmoth

Big John

level of suckage: 10
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My first Warmoth build came from parts that I bought in Ken's kitchen and living room. The brothers didn't have a showroom yet after leaving Boogie Bodies, so Ken told me to come by his house. He was a cool dude that always treated me right.

Zungle

Reaction score
RIP Ken Warmoth.....your guitars have brought great joy and awesomeness to the world.

Thank You for one of the sweetest Super Strats ever created....

I love it, it will always be by my side.

BD3B9BB7-9B6B-4309-B7CB-440863340CD6.png

( see the proto-type Rockinger single screw stainless locking nut)

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
SadEyes2.gif

I never knew the man behind the name.

I built my first Warmoth guitar earlier this year (in my sig). The body / neck fit was uncannily superb.

Many thanks Ken, for the outstanding company you founded.

Deftone

Reaction score
Been considering a Warmoth Mahogany HSS Floyd body for my '81 Strat. Their website is super informative and fun.

RIP.

Big John

level of suckage: 10
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ken's daughter & son-in-law have been running the business for the last 7 seven years, so I doubt you'll see any production changes from Ken's passing. The real genius behind Warmoth parts was Ken's dad, Paul Sr. He invented machinery and workflow methods that enabled them to hit 10k parts/month in a small shop without CNC's. He also invented the compound radius sander.

Ed B

Reaction score
Damn. Sorry to hear. I have a Warmoth Strat I put together. It’s awesome. I recommend them all the time. A buddy mentioned wanting to put together a Tele the other day. First thing I said was “checkout Warmoth”.

R.I.P. Ken

Olds442

Reaction score
That is beautiful!!!
thanks! i found the body (warmoth) on craigslist cheap and couldn't resist doing a bare burst with black grainfiller. it was a bitch but it came out fine. i left the back unfilled and unpolished so it's glossing up from use. has fender custom shop 50s in the neck and middle, and a twangbanger in the bridge. pull up on the vol pot and it brings in the neck pick up, so you can have neck and bridge. it's a strato-tele.

it does have strap pins now.

:cheers2:

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
The neck on my partscaster is from Warmoth. Quarter sawn maple, ebony board gibson scale length.
Rest In Peace Ken.

redking

Reaction score
Godspeed Ken Warmoth! For the sake of all guitarists, I hope the company has been passed on to those that will ensure it continues.
Snip20191208_1.png