RIP, DarrellV

I Break Things

Reaction score
A running gag was Gerald the Giraffe, but I never knew what it was about. Ha!

View attachment 574616
Gerald the Giraffe was a character Darrell, Redjunior, and I created during our pages long joke about spider monkeys, penguins, pirates, and undercover KGB animals. @ehb was in on it too. That charade lasted weeks throughout the cupcake thread.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Wow! Just came to this thread and am so sad to hear that we have all lost Darrell...

I'm just another forum member from the other side of the world. I've never met Darrell or spoken to him on the phone. I don't think I ever exchanged PM's with him and we never communicated one on one by email...

But I enjoyed Darrell's posts to this forum. I liked the personality of the person who posted them. I liked his humour. I liked his knowledge. I liked his preparedness to help other people. I loved his .gifs! His posts made me smile (and sometimes laugh).

I didn't know Darrell at all, yet I feel like I have lost a friend.

I imagine it feels a whole lot worse for those of you who knew him, and those who loved him.

Rest in peace Darrell. Sincere condolences to your wife and family, and those who you cared about.

cheers.

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
103003 angel band poses 079.jpg

102502 Jacobs well pastor sam 018.jpg

102502 Jacobs well pastor sam 019.jpg

P2150435.JPG

P7191848.JPG

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Just came to this thread and am so sad to hear that we have all lost Darrell...

I'm just another forum member from the other side of the world. I've never met Darrell or spoken to him on the phone. I don't think I ever exchanged PM's with him and we never communicated one on one by email...

But I enjoyed Darrell's posts to this forum. I liked the personality of the person who posted them. I liked his humour. I liked his knowledge. I liked his preparedness to help other people. I loved his .gifs! His posts made me smile (and sometimes laugh).

I didn't know Darrell at all, yet I feel like I have lost a friend.

I imagine it feels a whole lot worse for those of you who knew him, and those who loved him.

Rest in peace Darrell. Sincere condolences to your wife and family, and those who you cared about.

cheers.

That's about as good as it can be said right there.

Similar feelings for a bunch of you reprobates.

There's something missing today.

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a bulletproof looking for photos.
He was all fired up, his daughter had this.

"Hey y’all!!! Man I’m so damn excited can’t hardly type!!
Is my birthday today and my daughter came in with some stuff my mom had given her years ago and amongst it all was some pictures,one of them being me and my beloved LPC!!!!"

Darrell and him were going to meet, then bullet fell down the stairs and it was cancelled.

96C95F44-83DA-4C2A-859A-0AA132AF5F8F.jpeg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gerald the Giraffe was a character Darrell, Redjunior, and I created during our pages long joke about spider monkeys, penguins, pirates, and undercover KGB animals. @ehb was in on it too. That charade lasted weeks throughout the cupcake thread.

I had a lot of good laughs re: Gerald..... Fun times....

Godspeed, D!

Latest Threads