Rinkya

m5570

Reaction score
In the middle of bidding a message pops up that they're stopping bidding as moving warehouses:

Happy Holidays!
Unfortunately, Due To Unexpected Circumstances Beyond Our Control, We Have To Quickly Move Warehouses.
We Understand How Frustrating This Is, Even More So For Us, But We Can Not Take Most Items To The New Warehouse And Therefore URGENTLY Require You To Request Shipment Of Your Items .
At This Time, We Will Be Stopping Bidding During The Move.
We Thank All Of You For Your Kind Understanding And Patience During This Time.

Rinkya

L.A.M.E! & I lost the auction I was bidding on as it won't let you bid at all.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Well i'm glad i don't have anything sitting there in the warehouse... i usually let things sit there for as long as i can, i literally waited out the CITES rosewood ban ending with 2 guitars the last time.... they arrived in Canada a day after the ban was lifted. I do have my eye on one for tomorrow so

Thank you so much for the heads up !!

Will use my Jauce Account

free713

Reaction score
strange...it doesnt mention anything about moving warehouse or temporary closed bidding on their webpage...

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, so it's Jauce for the near future. Although with the new 10% tax in Japan I don't buy from a few places.

m5570

Reaction score
I just still can't believe this. And I had actually bid on the item I ended up losing and I was upping my bid and it crapped out. They could have planned this better. Wonder if they're going out of business?

Floyd Pink

Reaction score
That's an interesting thought. Their communications have been terrible as of late.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't make sense that they can't transfer inventory to the new warehouse (maybe some law about moving consignment goods?)
If they shut down bidding and said that you have to arrange for shipping immediately, that sounds like NO auctions are being closed out, and they are wanting the sellers to arrange to pick up their items?
That last part is odd... and I admit that I'm not familiar with Rinkya. I thought they were like a Japanese Ebay, but this looks more like they are a consignment clearing house.
But it doesn't make sense that they would halt all auctions. If they need to clear their warehouse, all they need to do is stop any new listings.

It does almost sound like they are liquidating.

Olds442

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Due To Unexpected Circumstances Beyond Our Control, We Have To Quickly Move Warehouses.

did they just get thrown out of their warehouse? you have to wonder why.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score

did they just get thrown out of their warehouse? you have to wonder why.
Almost like they were locked out, since they can't move their inventory.
But that doesn't make sense that they'd be able to honor shipments? Unless the entity that took over the warehouse will be shipping.
But with bids being halted, it does sound like their stock was seized... completed auctions would be released.

m5570

Reaction score
It's still BS.

Has anyone used Shopping Mall Japan?

Floyd Pink

Reaction score
Please Request Shipping ASAP
Due to an accident our landlord had, we have unfortunately had to quickly move warehouses.

Your items will not be taken. Please request shipping by this Friday, December 13th, or your items will be confiscated.

Thank you for your help.

Rinkya

EDIT: I am actually not sure if this is real. Very specific to be spam (removed link).

Olds442

Reaction score
my bank recently sent me a new debit card. they said my card was recently used by a vendor who had been compromised (hacked). to avoid any possible issues for the bank, they cancelled that card and sent a new one.

one of the last charges i made with it, was buying the BTL-50 and shipping through Rinkya.

the bank wouldn't tell me which vendor, so i do not know for sure. but i have my suspicions obviously because i rarely use my own personal card for anything but groceries or dining out. that, and music store purchases and if Sam Ash was hacked, we'd all know about it.

not sure what the disclosure laws are in Japan for being hacked. so there's a tin foil hat conspiracy theory for you. :hmm:

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
Rinkya is still not working ? I just tried to bid and got the warehouse pop up, I thought they were moving a month ago

free713

Reaction score
Yeah Im also waiting for them to open up for bidding again....seems like they might have under estimated the move....anyway it bothers me that their communication about it is so poor...

Latest Threads