Right hand technique

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I’m listening to a new video of Al Dimeola and thought he learned to play finger style, until I actually looked at the video.
Holy crap, he’s using a pick!

His precision and string skipping is incredible. I used to dream of being able to do that and seeing someone actually do it showed me how far off I was from doing it.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Dave Mustaine has some incredible right hand technique too. Often overlooked when people have such precision.

DavGrape

Reaction score
DiMeola with a Custom... pfff.... no effort at all.
Drumming's a bit much, he musta wanted it in there, tho...

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Molliy Tuttle demonstrates some of her insane picking techniques on Youtube . amazing player __ even if you don't like her music

NotScott

Reaction score
Although it is more apparent on electric guitar, another point to mention here regarding right hand technique is not only what you hear but what you don't hear. Many players have a "noisy" right hand where their hand is constantly moving regardless of pick strokes required and it creates a rather blurry, sonic mess. It is one of those things that once it is pointed out to you and you realize what you are doing, it is easy to correct and makes a world of difference in how clean your playing will sound.