Rig Rundown: Jake E Lee

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I'll do the rundowns....keep it real,talk about washed up pickers,drug abuse,Satan,how silly it is to talk about how cables affect tone..... who cares? Write 40 minutes worth of Great Rock Roll... Can you do that STAR?

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Crotch

around 2:04 he drops the hammer :dude:
Yeah, he did crush that!

I am not a fan of Ozzy or Sabbath at all so I'm sure thats why I was unaware of him. But I see Dio on the list!

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
It seems Jake is right about the fuzz.

I never would have thought this would work.

StudioFan

Reaction score
I watched the Jake E rig rundown a while back.

Still pissed that they didn’t mention the EHX Memory Man with Hazrai that is sitting on top of the cabinet behind them . They didn’t even mention it when going over the heads he uses .

I have one as well.

PeteK

Reaction score
Perry Mason is a badass fucking song though.

Originally Ozzmosis was supposed to be a sequel to No More Tears, in the same style with the same producers and engineer. But it got caught up in the alternative fad, to its detriment.
I really like the Ozzmosis album. Maybe I'm in the minority. It's not a high flying metal album for sure, but I dig it. It's a lot more melodic. I really like Tomorrow. Ozzy actually had decent vocals on that one and I remember listening to it before the world turned on Zakk and his squeelie guitar style and I thought it was pretty cool. I still crank that shit and headbang to it while I'm driving.

Also there's a couple of straight up power ballads straight out of those "best ballads of the 90's cd" commercials. Cheesy, I know, but it's like a guilty pleasure. I Just Want You and Old LA Tonight are a couple of my songs I'll sing to when no one is watching. :laugh2:

But there were some heavy songs there too. This one rips pretty good:

Last edited:

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Yeah i never got into the next album
It's got a pretty crazy place in Ozzy lore.

Michael Wagener (who mixed, among many other albums, No More Tears and Master of Puppets) was hired to mix and produce, and was asked to recreate No More Tears. The No More Tears rhythm section was brought back and seven songs were completed. Then the label decided they wanted the album to sound like Soundgarden, so Wagener was let go, Michael Beinhorn was brought in and huge chunks of the album were recorded with a new rhythm section, and apparently many drum samples. Ozzy ended up hating the result.

The Wagener version of See You On the Other Side (penned by Lemmy) was eventually released officially as a rarity. The difference, IMO, is vast, especially in the guitar sound.

I really like the Ozzmosis album. Maybe I'm in the minority. It's not a high flying metal album for sure, but I dig it. It's a lot more melodic. I really like Tomorrow. Ozzy actually had decent vocals on that one and I remember listening to it before the world turned on Zakk and his squeelie guitar style and I thought it was pretty cool. I still crank that shit and headbang to it while I'm driving.

Also there's a couple of straight up power ballads straight out of those "best ballads of the 90's cd" commercials. Cheesy, I know, but it's like a guilty pleasure. I Just Want You and Old LA Tonight are a couple of my songs I'll sing to when no one is watching. :laugh2:

But there were some heavy songs there too. This one rips pretty good:

I love the album as well. There are a ton of cool songs there, especially the ballads.

My Les Paul Classifieds