Rick Nielsens new 59 LP

outlawten5

Reaction score
Bought at Mecum auction from Geddy Lees' collection. Sorry if this has already been posted

Bluesky

Reaction score
Bought at Mecum auction from Geddy Lees' collection. Sorry if this has already been posted
Pics!? amateur.......

You would think those two would be in a circle and he didn't need to pay Mecum auction fees.......I remember back when Rock was cool and Rock stars gave these things away.....

PierM

Reaction score
This is the third thread about same story. Funny is they are all first in all sections LOL....

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Dude has some cash to blow.

That guitar looked pretty mint. If it is all original, $215k is not a good sign for Burst owners.

Did you catch it at the end when the announcer says that he also bought the Bullet Mustang?

Olds442

Reaction score
there was a 1960 burst in the same auction, went for around $150k iirc.

Bluesky

Reaction score
rick Neilson vs. JB
I guess JB let him have that one?

:jb::doh:

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have that same shirt

outlawten5

Reaction score
Dude has some cash to blow.

That guitar looked pretty mint. If it is all original, $215k is not a good sign for Burst owners.

Did you catch it at the end when the announcer says that he also bought the Bullet Mustang?
Bullet mustang of guitars

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar. I wonder if all of the '59 LPs play well or if some of them are dogs. It sure looks to be in fantastic shape...like it didn't get played too much.

outlawten5

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar. I wonder if all of the '59 LPs play well or if some of them are dogs. It sure looks to be in fantastic shape...like it didn't get played too much.
JB has said not all of them are monster players. Some are just collectable

smk506

Reaction score
IIRC Rick offloaded some of his stuff in the last year or three, probably just condensing from a few hundred guitars worth millions, to a hundred or so, worth millions.

There may be guys out there with more desirable collections fiscally speaking, but Rick has some really, really cool shit.

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
I don't live too far from Rockford Illinois, the town he is from. Back in 1985 I was looking to buy my 1st good electric guitar. Went to Rockford and hit all the music stores that sold guitars. Went to Nielsen Music, I didn't give it a thought about the name. Went in and they had alot of Cheap Trick photos on the wall. This little old lady and man greeted me and asked what I was looking for. I told them electric guitars, they didn't have a big selection but did have a used burgandy colored Gibson Explorer. I played it and asked them if they were big fans of Cheap Trick, they looked at each other with big smiles and said our son plays guitar in the band!! Lol.... duh on me... they said Rick played that Explorer as well... needless to say I didn't buy the guitar and went on to kick my self in the ass thinking I should of bought that guitar...

Rick is a pretty visible Rockford celebrity, he is seen on a regular basis about Rockford and carries a pocket full of picks to hand out. He can be found at a local vintage record store buying vintage vinyl. Pretty cool guy!

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
Rick used to sell guitars before he hit it big with Cheap Trick, he sold Jeff Beck a 59 Les Paul back in the late 60's

jkes01

Reaction score
He has quite the guitar collection. Don’t think I’d ever come out of that room.

He also has a warehouse full of memorabilia from all his years touring.

Bluesky

Reaction score
I want to Hear Geddy play it through a Marshall! Never heard him play a 6 string.

Latest Threads