Rick Beato Signature Les Paul Special DC from Gibson

wildhawk1

Reaction score
I can't play like ______ but I'll pay a premium to have a guitar like they do.

Makes no sense to me but hey... not my $.

bungle

Reaction score
I missed that vid.It would be pretty cool to have one of these units.

jkes01

Reaction score
Love Rick, what’s not to like?

This is so cool, it’s a DC and he is donating all the proceeds. Won’t hear Adam J say anything like that with his signature.

If you didn’t get to watch his marathon New Years stream, go check it out.

BlockInlay

Reaction score
Hi all, new member. I'm interested in the Beato sig solely because I love a good LP doublecut, especially in TV Yellow... and the prices on reverb and such right now are bonkers. I also appreciate what Rick does on his channel and I've learned a lot from him. I read some of the TGP thread, yikes.

Have any specifics been released yet on the guitar? I'm really interested to know what the expected price range might be and a release date.

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
Hi all, new member. I'm interested in the Beato sig solely because I love a good LP doublecut, especially in TV Yellow... and the prices on reverb and such right now are bonkers. I also appreciate what Rick does on his channel and I've learned a lot from him. I read some of the TGP thread, yikes.

Have any specifics been released yet on the guitar? I'm really interested to know what the expected price range might be and a release date.
I bet it wont be too much. $1599 sounds right. Im basing this on the fact thats how much the current p90 tv yellow special goes for (although his has p100s). They did the DC a few years back and were literally giving them away for 500.

then again, there is this custom, hence the laughable price: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom/1960-Les-Paul-Special-Double-Cut-Electric-Guitar-VOS-TV-Yellow-1500000305052.gc?rNtt=doublecut gibson&index=3

BlockInlay

Reaction score
I had one of the 2015's when they were blown out. Played great and sounded godly, but the thing would not intonate no matter what I did so I dumped it (as is) after replacing the tuners and nut. I've wanted a better replacement ever since. The 2015 batch had a lot of clunkers in it.

I called up a Gibson dealer and was told, today, that aside from announcing the model, nothing has really happened yet with the Beato. They haven't started building them or anything.

Tonemeister

Reaction score
Rick has some of the best musical content on the internet. It’s smart for Gibson to partner with him. Think about how many players see him. That’s great exposure. The best thing about this is that the proceeds go to charity. That’s really awesome. Makes me wonder how many other “artists” have donated their cut like that. He seems like a genuine good dude.

TheWelder

Reaction score
I can't play like ______ but I'll pay a premium to have a guitar like they do.

Makes no sense to me but hey... not my $.
Technically the Les Paul is a signature model and I'm sure many of us can't play like him.

I find signature models interesting not because of the artist but because they often have different / unique specs and finishes.

TheWelder

Reaction score
Rick has some of the best musical content on the internet. It’s smart for Gibson to partner with him. Think about how many players see him. That’s great exposure. The best thing about this is that the proceeds go to charity. That’s really awesome. Makes me wonder how many other “artists” have donated their cut like that. He seems like a genuine good dude.
He does put out great content and unlike some other guitar YouTube 'influencers,' I don't get the impression that he's trying to sell us on gear he gets kickbacks or other spiffs from.

Tonemeister

Reaction score
He does put out great content and unlike some other guitar YouTube 'influencers,' I don't get the impression that he's trying to sell us on gear he gets kickbacks or other spiffs from.
You’re right. Except for the subliminal effect of seeing a row of LP’s behind him on that 12’ long rack of guitars! Ha.

el84ster

Reaction score
I like Rick and his content, but hard to wrap my head around a Gibson signature guitar from a....youtuber?!?

moreles

Reaction score
IMO, slap[ping someone's signature on a guitar made to their specs is fine -- it's a universal practice for merchandise, and when it reflects a particular feature set, what's the issue? The thing that seems crazy to me is when we get into duplicating cosmetic elements, damage, stickers and painted details, etc. to fake the exact single item a famous player owns because that's head-case imitative/worship/delusion nonsense.

Latest Threads