Richie Sambora's Burst for Sale

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I think he is a fine guitarist. I don't consider it wise to sign an original 59 burst. He could have a cert made and, then sign it instead to prove he had previously owned the piece.

yeti

Reaction score
...Also, now that I think of it there was a Burst in Canada that needed a complete Refin not that long ago.

I double check my email with Russel the previous owner, he sold the guitar 80kusd. I missed it for few thousands dollars.

Jean Christophe

The guitar you guys are talking about did not need a refin, the old refin looked great, I'd have left it alone. So Russel got a refin '60 Burst for $67K Give and take IIRC. Getting it refinished by HM did apparently pay off and it did look great as well, but under $70K got him into a perfectly good "entry-level Burst", IMO.
Just sayin'

RAG7890

Reaction score
The guitar you guys are talking about did not need a refin, the old refin looked great, I'd have left it alone. So Russel got a refin '60 Burst for $67K Give and take IIRC. Getting it refinished by HM did apparently pay off and it did look great as well, but under $70K got him into a perfectly good "entry-level Burst", IMO.
Just sayin'

Yeti, the one I am referring to was a '59 Burst & a totally different Guitar to the one Jean is referring to, which is a '60 Burst.

The one I am referring to had a dodgy Refin about 3' thick that I was told was a badly done finish & choked the Guitar. It was then stripped back to bare wood & refinished back to Vintage specs.

:cheers:

yeti

Reaction score
Yeti, the one I am referring to was a '59 Burst & a totally different Guitar to the one Jean is referring to, which is a '60 Burst.

The one I am referring to had a dodgy Refin about 3' thick that I was told was a badly done finish & choked the Guitar. It was then stripped back to bare wood & refinished back to Vintage specs.

:cheers:

Sorry, I misunderstood. was that '59 also from Canada? Doesn't SS live in Canada?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Thanks for the correction.:)

Tidewater

Reaction score
No he lives South of that border. Any thread with the term 'douche nozzle' requires lots of like. <3

hoss

Reaction score
I think this 60 Burst is still for sale, $140K if I remember correctly

41.jpg

Jean Christophe

Reaction score
Just sayin'

I didn't say the guitar needed or not a refin. Just talked about the price the guitar has been sold later by Russel.

Looks like we were not talking about the same guitar with Rudi.

Jean Christophe

hoss

Reaction score
Where is located this guitar ? any info where I can find it ?

Thanks

Jean Christophe
I will ask the seller if he still has it and will forward his email.
He is a good guy from the US, I have bought a vintage Les Paul from him.

EDIT: Here is a better pic

60burst.jpg

Sharky

Reaction score
I think this 60 Burst is still for sale, $140K if I remember correctly

41.jpg

that's a nice juicy Tea Burst on this one. How's the neck? Why is it priced relatively low compared to others?

hoss

Reaction score
that's a nice juicy Tea Burst on this one. How's the neck? Why is it priced relatively low compared to others?
The neck was pretty slim, color was also more late 1960 (faded, but a bit orange/tangerine), no reflector knobs.

Did not get the serial#, sorry. It's still night in his time zone so be patient, please.

Jimmi

Reaction score
Gruhns has a '60 with a very good headstock repair for sale for 135k. I played it and it has a very nice neck. It is has been up for sale for at least a year and a half. You could maybe get it for under or around 100k.

mertzy

Reaction score
Gruhns has a '60 with a very good headstock repair for sale for 135k. I played it and it has a very nice neck. It is has been up for sale for at least a year and a half. You could maybe get it for under or around 100k.

I just don't understand how a repaired '60 is worth that much more than an original '57 or '58 goldtop.

At $100K I'd be negotiating with PRS for his '58 before I went for a repaired '60. (Just my opinion).

Jimmi

Reaction score
I just don't understand how a repaired '60 is worth that much more than an original '57 or '58 goldtop.

At $100K I'd be negotiating with PRS for his '58 before I went for a repaired '60. (Just my opinion).

Well, there is a reason it hasn't sold. We were talking about sub 100k bursts, I offered a candidate. :thumb::)

jc2000

Reaction score
I will ask the seller if he still has it and will forward his email.
He is a good guy from the US, I have bought a vintage Les Paul from him.

EDIT: Here is a better pic

60burst.jpg

Very nice! But I would be too afraid to play it.

LenPaul

Reaction score
What are you saying... Richie Sambora's Burst is a fuganzi?

:hmm:

Fletch

Round here they all are, at least untill a bucket load of high res photos are provided & they are given proper inspection.:naughty:
( I did catch the joke )

Latest Threads