Richie Sambora's Burst for Sale

RAG7890

Reaction score
Please send me links to those $50K - $70K Bursts! :D

Me too....please. :naughty:

Go ask a member here what he paid for his.

There was a reneck last year that was offered to a friend that most thought was only worth $40,000 max....................they wanted $120,000 but good luck with that.

There was a '60 Burst that sold last year for ~ $67,000...............if you want the exact number I have it somewhere.

I am talking about Guitars with issues.............not the buy one pull off the Neck & make two new ones that has also gone on.

I could go on. :D

:cheers:

Jean Christophe

Reaction score
Can I just ask, how much would you be expected to pay for a 59 burst today?

From last year, I have seen several burst (without issue) gone for 130kusd-190kusd. These guitars were plaintop or figured.
I missed a killer clean plaintop 58 burst for 140 kusd (gone in 24 hours).
I saw also few nice tops gone for over 200-240kusd.

I don't know really well market with burst with issue. There is one with hardware issue in UK which is not selling. There was one 60 burst refin gone last year for a little bit more than 70 kusd.

Jean Christophe

tag2

Reaction score
I think the issues guitars are much harder to nail down price-wise. Every issue has its own devaluation and when you start adding multiple issues...They are all so unique that it really comes down to whatever somebody is willing to pay. That can be a fairly wide range.

RAG7890

Reaction score
From last year, I have seen several burst (without issue) gone for 130kusd-190kusd. These guitars were plaintop or figured.
I missed a killer clean plaintop 58 burst for 140 kusd (gone in 24 hours).
I saw also few nice tops gone for over 200-240kusd.

I don't know really well market with burst with issue. There is one with hardware issue in UK which is not selling. There was one 60 burst refin gone last year for a little bit more than 70 kusd.

Jean Christophe

Jean that '60 Refin Burst you looked at sold for well under USD$70,000................I sent you the price in an Email. I was not guessing the price was the price. :)

Cheers, Rudi

tag2

Reaction score
For the most part, the under $100k bursts are hard to find. There are a few that pop up, but not many. A '60 refin for $67k is a rare find! $50k? That's like finding Bigfoot. Those are '57 Goldtop with issues prices.

RAG7890

Reaction score
For the most part, the under $100k bursts are hard to find. There are a few that pop up, but not many. A '60 refin for $67k is a rare find! $50k? That's like finding Bigfoot. Those are '57 Goldtop with issues prices.

Agree Tom, I did not say there are boatloads.

I gave what I think is an accurate range, except for the '58 we both have been discussing. Still waiting on answer for that beauty. There are always exceptions.

Also, now that I think of it there was a Burst in Canada that needed a complete Refin not that long ago. I have no idea what that sold for to the current owner (the person that had it properly restored back to the correct finish etc.) but I am sure it was < $60,000. Then you add the cost of the Refin.

They are around of that I am sure.

Cheers, Rudi

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Widow's peak.

There, I said it.

Ducati

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I lost what little respect I had for him when he pulled this stunt. Whatever your issues are, a professional does not just not show up. This should have been handled behind the scenes, but my bet is that Richie didn't want to give Jon the opportunity to fly Phil-X to the show to take his place.

The article title is "Jon treats him like crap". I heard Bon Jovi was breaking his balls over signing the back of the burst.

Jean Christophe

Reaction score
Jean that '60 Refin Burst you looked at sold for well under USD$70,000................I sent you the price in an Email. I was not guessing the price was the price. :)

Cheers, Rudi

You never sent me any correct price, you told me you knew someone who knew the seller, who told you the price.
I made an offer to that guitar slightly above 70kusd to the previous owner that he accepted but during the night another guy offered 2kusd more than my price and the guitar was gone to Austria.

Anyway it doesn't matter.

Jean Christophe

Funkadelic

Reaction score
I made an offer to that guitar slightly above 70kusd to the previous owner that he accepted but during the night another guy offered 2kusd more than my price and the guitar was gone to Austria.

And he never even gave you a chance to match his best offer? Nice guy to deal with!

Jean Christophe

Reaction score

Cheers, Rudi

Rudi Forget my previous comment for the price, you are right it was below 70 kusd (I checked the email I had with the previous owner), I remember I missed it for 2kusd during the night !!

Jean Christophe

Jean Christophe

Reaction score

Cheers, Rudi

I double check my email with Russel the previous owner, he sold the guitar 80kusd. I missed it for few thousands dollars.

Jean Christophe

Jean Christophe

Reaction score
And he never even gave you a chance to match his best offer? Nice guy to deal with!

That was my mistake, he told me he had several guys interested, he was ok for my offer but he wanted a quick deposit to secure the guitar and I was slow to react, it was late evening and in the morning a guy put a quick deposit and bought that guitar for 80 kusd. It was a nice refin flame burst that HM did the job. Guitar was before in Canada.

Jean Christophe

Jean Christophe

Reaction score

I agree with you.

The only one I remember was a 58GT with broken neck that HM worked on the headstock veener. It was on ebay last year and the guitar was sold at Philly for 42-45kusd.

Jean Christophe

DSC02043-M_zps6ebf1be7.jpg

Latest Threads