Ric Ocasek, RIP

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I never like the Cars, but he was doing something right, because he married the hottest woman on earth. Respect and RIP.

twst1up

Reaction score
That's a bummer man

Like flies these days

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as it wasn't self asphyxiation.....:Ohno:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
oh no .

the guy was a freak . one of my favorite freaks . I'll miss him

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I never like the Cars, but he was doing something right, because he married the hottest woman on earth. Respect and RIP.
...and she left him last year. Maybe he was depressed?

Zungle

Reaction score
The Cars (album) is a classic and has a spot in my heart for eternity....still a constant in my rotation....

That album really attracted me to electric guitar......and multitrack recording/production.

After listening to Moving in Stereo and outro song, All Mixed Up, a hundred times, while smokin' some gold, I decided my first music/guitar goal would be to get good enough to smoke a bowl with all my friends and then jam for them with a drummer and bass player......

It was a few years but I eventually did it.....as a 17 year old it was awesome.

RIP

Ric O

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
I came across a Cars video recently and thought about the fact that I'd not seen or heard from him in ages, this is sad, not the way I wanted for him to resurface. Their first album was and is one of my favorites. I know people thought of it as new wave, I just thought it was rock and roll R.I,P,

PS, I hadn't heard The Cars had gotten into the Rock & Roll HOF in 2018, I'm glad he was able to see that happen.

Last edited:

Latest Threads