"Rhoads" hanging out with a couple of friends

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently picked up an original '74 Custom, and I thought I would take a couple pics before it goes in for a setup. Since Randy & EVH were the kings of Hollywood back in the day, it seems appropriate that their guitars get to know each other :dude:

GuitarJoe

Reaction score
Wow, that Rhoads is a beauty! I really like the color. When Gibson did their RR Les Paul a few years back they made the color darker. Apparently they replicated the color as the guitar is today as opposed to how it looked back when Randy was prowling the stage with Quiet Riot & Ozzy.

Nice EVH pieces too!

KS 5150

Reaction score
Wow, that Rhoads is a beauty! I really like the color. When Gibson did their RR Les Paul a few years back they made the color darker. Apparently they replicated the color as the guitar is today as opposed to how it looked back when Randy was prowling the stage with Quiet Riot & Ozzy.

Nice EVH pieces too!
Randy's actual guitar is VERY yellow. I have a hardcover booked called "Randy Rhoads" & they have current pics of his guitars in there. That's what I used as a guide to source replacement parts as there were lots of close-up pics. I'm sure his being a smoker quickly added to the patina/ This is the book here:

cmh6122

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently picked up an original '74 Custom, and I thought I would take a couple pics before it goes in for a setup. Since Randy & EVH were the kings of Hollywood back in the day, it seems appropriate that their guitars get to know each other :dude:

Nice set, but that Custom really does explain the allure of the brand.

KS 5150

Reaction score
NICE!

My 74' is a little more weathered :dude:
That's a beauty! mine has some dings & checking but it's pretty well preserved. It's super cool that you got to see Ozzy & Randy on the DOAM tour :thumb:

Latest Threads